Chicken Sausage Fajita-Style Tostadas are fun, festive and perfect for taco night! al fresco® Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage is the basis for a quick and easy weeknight meal!
This post is sponsored by al fresco® Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage. All opinions are mine alone.
Hey, friends! I’ve got an easy and delicious weeknight meal that’s perfect for your Taco Tuesday or for any night of the week! The folks at al fresco® , makers of an amazing variety of chicken sausages also have something perfect for taco night! Chicken Taco Night Faster Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage!
It’s super tasty and perfect for taco night, whether you do it on a Tuesday or any other night of the week!
al fresco® Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage:
- Is made with chicken that is raised with no antibiotics EVER.
- Is fully cooked which makes it time-saving and easy to heat on the stovetop, grill or microwave.
- Has no artificial ingredients and is minimally processed.
- Is crafted with Hatch green chiles and classic Mexican spices.
- Is a healthier, staple ingredient you can always have on-hand.
- Is perfect for any taco night dinner you’re in the mood for such as tacos, fajitas, quesadillas or these Chicken Sausage Fajita-Style Tostadas! It’s a family-friendly, festive and easy dinner you’re going to love!
What is a tostada?
Tostada is a Spanish word that means “toasted” and usually refers to a flat or bowl-shaped tortilla that is deep-fried or toasted. Think of it as an open-faced taco.
How to make Chicken Sausage Fajita-Style Tostadas:
Start by making the tostada shells. Tostada shells are generally found in the international aisle of your grocery store, but they’re super easy to make yourself and a great way to use leftover corn tortillas.
Here’s all you do:
- Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake 5 minutes on the first side.
- Flip, then bake 4-5 minutes on the second side. Keep an eye on them! They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- You could also fry them, but baking is a much healthier method.
- Then, cook onions, bell peppers and the al fresco® Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage.
- Combine fat-free refried beans with your favorite salsa and spread some over the tostadas.
- Top with the chicken sausage fajita combination.
- Add sour cream…
- Then top with all the stuff as desired!
- Cilantro sprigs
- A squeeze of lime juice…
A totally easy, super delicious, family-friendly taco night dinner!
For more information about al fresco® visit:
For more great recipes visit:
About al fresco® Mild Mexican-Style Chicken Sausage visit:
Visit al fresco® on social media at:
Chicken Sausage Fajita-Style Tostadas
- Cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas
- Salt - if desired
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small red onion - halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper - sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper - sliced
- 4 cloves garlic - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 package (12-ounce) al fresco's Mild Mexican-Style Chicken Sausage - sliced
- 1 can (16-ounce) fat-free refried beans
- ½ cup salsa
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Avocado wedges
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place corn tortillas on a large baking sheet. Spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 5 minutes. Flip and bake another 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. (Keep an eye on the tostada shells. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.)
- Sprinkle with salt if desired. Let cool to room temperature.
- Heat oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium and cook 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper and the garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chili powder and lime juice to the vegetables. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the sliced sausage and cook 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Keep warm.
- Combine refried beans and salsa in a microwave-safe dish. Heat on High 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Spread some of the refried bean and salsa combination on each of the tortillas.
- Top with sausage/pepper/onion combination.
- Serve, topped with accompaniments: Sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, avocado wedges, shredded cheese, lime wedges and cilantro for garnish.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.