Happy Sunday, everyone! Welcome to a new weekly feature here at From A Chef’s Kitchen called “Taste Matters,” where I’ll dish up some tasty tidbits, tips and menu ideas that I think you’ll love! Let’s talk grilling!
Hope you’re having a great Memorial Day weekend! Tomorrow is a day where we honor all the brave and selfless men and women who fought and died for this amazing country. Enjoy your time with family and friends and pause to remember those who didn’t make it home.
Speaking of Memorial Day, what’s going to be on your barbie? If you’re needing some grill inspiration, check out Weber’s website. There’s enough inspiration there to keep grilling enthusiasts happy all summer long!
CURRENT COOKBOOK CRUSH
I don’t have How to Grill Everything by Mark Bittman in hand yet, but it’s definitely going on my list! I love Mark Bittman’s simple and straightforward trademark style! This cookbook has 250 recipes with hundreds of variations along with grilling basics and practical advice. The recipes cover every part of the meal from appetizers to dessert. It’s getting great reviews!
Kitchen Tip of the Week – Safety First!
You want to be safe rather than sorry! Here’s a quick rundown of the safe cooking temperatures for meat and poultry from Escali. Remember to:
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw meat, fish and poultry.
- If using disposable gloves it’s important to wash your hands before putting them on and after taking them off.
- Never reuse a platter that had raw meat on it without thoroughly washing it first! That also goes for tongs or other kitchen tools that touched raw meat.
- Use a good, accurate meat thermometer to check the temperature. I LOVE Thermapens!
Food For Thought
Here are some links to some great information I think you’ll love!
- 21 Moving Memorial Day Quotes
- How to Clean A Charcoal Grill
- 22 Foolproof Ways to Get Rid of Mosquitos
- Cleaning Hacks to Add to Your Bag of Tricks
- 10 Things to Do to Feel Less Overwhelmed
Here’s some inspiration for your Memorial Day get-together!
(This post contains affiliate links. I get a small percentage at no extra cost to you.)