Pressure Cooker Indian Curry Beef Stew is the perfect dish to warm you on a chilly fall or winter night! It tastes exotic, however, the Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot makes it super easy!
This post is sponsored by Fissler USA. All opinions are my own.
Hey, all! I’ve got the perfect dish to warm you up when there’s a chill in the air. Best of all, it’s super easy! Pressure Cooker Indian Curry Beef Stew is spicy, hearty and tastes exotic without exotic ingredients or any difficult cooking technique.
Whenever I make beef stew for my personal chef clients, I like to do it in a pressure cooker to save time. I’ve recently discovered the Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot which takes the guesswork out of cooking stews and many other things.
Fissler is a 6th-generation, family-owned German company known for producing premium cookware since 1845. An integral part of their history is their strong drive for innovation. They are constantly in search of smart kitchen solutions by developing new products and improving existing ones.
When I’m cooking a number of things in one day for a client, the Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot is a lifesaver for me! In all, it has 18 one-touch cooking programs for an all-around kitchen appliance for both fast and slow cooking including integrated sous vide functionality.
Sous vide is a classic French cooking technique that has really taken off in recent years. It’s a method of cooking where food is placed in a plastic pouch or glass jar and cooked very slowly in a water bath at an accurately regulated temperature. The Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot makes this classic technique easy!
The 18 one-touch cooking programs include:
- Sous Vide
Along with specific programs for:
- Cake! Yes, even cake!
Other features of the Souspreme Multi Pot include:
- Dishwasher-safe 18/8 stainless steel inner pot
- Pressure seal system and instant pressure release
- Adjustable cooking times
- Cool-grip handles
- Convenient lid holder
- Multiple safety locks
- 6-quart capacity
The Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot will make cooking for your family a breeze! With so many one-touch cooking programs, it will be a great asset for holiday cooking, too! Find out more at Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot and download a PDF of the user manual at Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot User Manual.
Let’s talk about this delicious Pressure Cooker Indian Curry Beef Stew!
How to make Pressure Cooker Indian Curry Beef Stew:
- Start with approximately 2 ½ pounds of trimmed beef chuck roast cut into approximately 1-inch cubes.
- Brown the beef in batches right in the Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot.
- When browning beef such as for stew, be sure to leave some room around each piece. Crowding beef will cause it to steam instead of brown.
- Add onions, carrots and garlic, seasonings and liquid ingredients such as beef broth and canned diced tomatoes.
- Lock the lid, select “Meat/Stew” and let the Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot do the work!
- Add coconut milk and corn starch to thicken it up and you’ve got an amazing, delicious Indian Curry Beef Stew!
Friends, you’re going to love how easy the Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot will make all your cooking!
Pressure Cooker Indian Curry Beef Stew is super versatile, too! You could also add:
- Sweet potatoes
- Bell peppers
- Root vegetables such as turnips and rutabagas
A versatile stew for a versatile appliance!
Serve the Pressure Cooker Indian Curry Beef Stew with basmati rice which you can also make in the Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot!
Be sure to:
- Check out all the great Fissler products at: Fissler.com
- Learn more about the Souspreme Multi Pot at Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot
- Follow Fissler on social media at:
- 3 tablespoons canola or coconut oil, or as needed, divided
- 2 ½ pounds trimmed and cubed chuck roast (start with 3 pounds)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced vertically
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, halved if large and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced (thick is fine)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (14-ounce) coconut milk
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ cup chopped cilantro plus sprigs for garnishing
- Basmati rice, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in the Fissler Souspreme Multi Pot on the "SAUTE" feature.
- Season the beef generously with salt and black pepper. Place some of the beef in the Souspreme Multi Pot, leaving room around each piece and brown well on all sides.
- Transfer each batch to a plate as you work, refreshing oil as needed between each batch. Shut off the "SAUTE" feature and transfer all the beef back to the Souspreme Multi Pot.
- Add the onion, carrots, garlic, ginger, curry powder, cayenne, beef broth and tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Souspreme Multi Pot and turn it counter-clockwise to lock securely.
- Turn the vent knob to "SEAL."
- Select the "MEAT/STEW" setting and press to cook for 30 minutes.
- When the Souspreme Multi Pot has beeped to indicate it's finished, lightly press the instant pressure release button at the top to very gently release the pressure. Alternately, allow the Souspreme Multi Pot to release the pressure on its own.
- Once all the steam is released, carefully turn the lid clockwise to unlock it.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Remove approximately ½ cup or a ladle-full of the liquid to a small bowl. Whisk in the corn starch.
- Add the corn starch slurry back to the Souspreme Multi Pot, mix well and select the "SAUTE" feature. Allow the stew to come up to a boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the Souspreme Multi Pot off and allow the stew to rest for 5-10 minutes. The stew will thicken more upon standing.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and cilantro sprigs if desired.
- Serve with basmati rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 574Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 936mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.