Fire up the grill for Father’s Day! Made with The Fresh Market’s made-in-store Gourmet Burgers, Grilled Burgers with Bacon – Tomato Jam and Smoked Gouda is a treat your dad will love!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TheFreshMarket #TFMGetGrilling #CollectiveBias This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over.
Father’s Day is right around the corner! Have you thought about what to do for the man who fixed your bike, taught you how to throw a softball and was always there when you needed a big shoulder to cry on?
Here’s a great idea from The Fresh Market: The Fresh Market’s Father’s Day Meal!
The Fresh Market is my favorite place to shop for food. It’s a specialty grocer of curated, exceptional quality foods made with the finest ingredients. When you walk in, you’re greeted with friendly service in a warm and inviting atmosphere. From seasonally fresh produce to exceptional meat and seafood, signature baked goods and carefully curated organics, all the foods you LOVE are waiting for you at The Fresh Market. Everything is fresh and delicious!
The Fresh Market offers an innovative and thoughtful variety of meal solutions perfect for any cooking ability or dining occasion. Whether you’re picking up ingredients for a homemade specialty or a delicious meal solution without the work, you and your guests will love discovering the range of options and new flavors they offer!
I shop at The Fresh Market personally and for my personal chef business. I always know I’m going to get fast, friendly service. All I do is call in my meat, poultry and seafood order and it’s ready when I arrive. It’s the perfect place to get everything you need to grill up a delicious summer meal! Find a store near you by visiting their store locator.
This Father’s Day, The Fresh Market is treating dad to a delicious meal he’ll love. The best part is it’s only $29.99! Available in-store from June 15-17, the Father’s Day meal features:
- Four big, thick beef gourmet burgers
- Four freshly baked hamburger buns
- 1 lb. smokehouse barbecue beans
- 1 lb. creamy coleslaw
- 4 ears of fresh, crisp corn
- A mini, seedless watermelon
- Three mouthwatering desserts to choose from such as their popular lemon bars to top off this sweet deal!
If you want to treat dear old Dad in another way, The Fresh Market has many more grilling ideas! Be sure to check them out HERE! You can also find beautiful floral items at The Fresh Market that Dad will love!
Here’s everything in the Father’s Day Meal!
Now let’s talk about this Bacon – Tomato Jam! Personally, I’d like to thank whoever it was who had the idea to make bacon jam for the first time. It’s the perfect accompaniment to The Fresh Market’s Gourmet Burgers or any burger!
It’s also super easy to make and packs a real flavor punch!
How to Make Bacon – Tomato Jam for the grilled burgers:
- Dice and cook 1 pound of The Fresh Market’s market bacon until it’s crispy.
- Cook 4 ounces of pancetta until crispy.
- Saute an onion with a pinch of salt until it’s soft and golden brown.
- Add diced tomato and garlic.
- Add the bacon and pancetta back in, some water, dark brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and let that simmer uncovered until it’s delicious syrupy bacony goodness!
This recipe makes approximately two cups which is more than you’ll need for the grilled burgers. The bacon tomato jam will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. The Fresh Market has many products you can enjoy this bacon tomato jam with such as a full line of specialty cheeses, crackers, meats, baking products, etc.:
- Use as a topping for baked brie
- Include on a charcuterie or cheese board
- Add it to a grilled cheese sandwich
- On top of waffles
- With cheese in a stuffed chicken breast
Bacon Tomato Jam is so versatile!
Don’t forget! Check out The Fresh Market’s grilling page!
They’ve got everything you need for summer grilling all season long! You can also check them out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheFreshMarket, Pinterest at @TheFreshMarket and Instagram @thefreshmarket.
Happy Father’s Day to all the wonderful dads out there!
- BACON TOMATO JAM
- 1 pound of The Fresh Market's market bacon, cut into small 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch or two of cayenne pepper
- 4 made-in-store gourmet beef burgers
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- BACON TOMATO JAM: In a cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until crispy and fat is rendered off. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Add pancetta to skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to plate with bacon.
- Add butter to drippings then add onion with a pinch of salt. Cook onion for 10 to 12 minutes or until softened and golden. Add the diced tomatoes and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or just until tomato is softened and garlic is fragrant.
- Return bacon and pancetta to skillet. Add the water, dark brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until syrupy and jam-like. Add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper.
- BURGERS: Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Season burgers with salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Place burgers on grill.
- Grill 3 to 4 minutes on the first side. Flip and grill another 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness. (Ground beef is safe when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and no longer pink.) Top with Gouda cheese slices during the last minute or two of grilling.
- Spread butter on insides of the buns. Place on grill and cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted and grill-marked.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices and bacon jam.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1535Total Fat 102gSaturated Fat 43gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 52gCholesterol 299mgSodium 3193mgCarbohydrates 70gFiber 3gSugar 23gProtein 80g