Crustless Quiche with Sausage, Bacon and Ham is ideal for low-carb, keto or gluten-free diets. Best of all, going crustless is simply easier than fussing with a crust!
One of the things I love most about quiche is that it’s perfect for any meal. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch. For a great supper, simply add a crisp green salad or a simple soup. Quiche can be made with almost anything you have on hand and it freezes and reheats beautifully.
This hearty Crustless Quiche with Sausage, Bacon and Ham is perfect for meat lovers! You’ll love how easy and delicious it is!
It’s important to cook meat and vegetables before placing them in a quiche. Most vegetables have a fair amount of water in them and if not cooked first, that water will be released when baking which ends up at the bottom of the baking dish. If you’re making a quiche with a crust, it’s going to be soggy.
You’ll be able to whip up any quiche–crustless or otherwise–in any size baking dish by remembering a simple formula: Use 1 egg to every half-cup of liquid (such as half-and-half or milk) for the custard.
You may have looked at this recipe and thought… Aaagh the fat content! There are ways to change that.
- Reduce the fat content by using turkey sausage and turkey bacon
- Use less cheese or 2% cheese
- Use two egg whites for every egg and use milk with lower fat content.
- You could also add spinach or broccoli to make it better for you!
I’m also a big believer in portion control! One piece of quiche good…. half the quiche not so good!
Thank you, hope you enjoy and please share this From A Chef’s Kitchen reader favorite!
Helpful tools and equipment to make Crustless Quiche with Sausage, Bacon and Ham (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green part only, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 links hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces ham, diced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar, Monterey jack or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half, whole or 2% milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add scallion and garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl. Avoid adding any liquid released by the vegetables. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- Keep heat at medium-high. Place Italian sausage in the skillet or saute pan and cook 5 to 7 minutes, breaking it up as you go, until crumbled, browned and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Add to bowl with vegetables.
- Keep heat at medium-high. Place bacon in a skillet or saute pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Add to bowl with vegetables and sausage. Let cool to room temperature. Add ham and cheeses and stir to combine.
- Spray a 10-inch round baking dish with cooking spray.
- Transfer vegetable, meat and cheese mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs and half-and-half or milk. Add salt and black pepper. Pour over vegetable, meat and cheese mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set in the center and top is lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving Calories 490 Total Fat 37g Saturated Fat 18g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 195mg Sodium 888mg Carbohydrates 9g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 5g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 29g