Spaghetti Squash, Broccoli, Bacon and Cheddar Mini Quiches are going to breathe some new life into your breakfast world! They’re low-carb and can be made ahead and reheated as needed.
Breakfast isn’t exactly one of my “things.”
The first thing I do every morning is make my way to our coffee maker and brew myself a good, hot cup o’ Joe. Those first few sips have the power to transform my being into a human being. Thank you, oh Coffee Discoverer!
I don’t have anything against breakfast, I’m just not crazy about typical breakfast foods.
I always enjoy eating a good breakfast when it’s put in front of me–like when we travel. If I eat a typical breakfast of cereal or oatmeal, I’m hungrier than ever a half-hour later so I really don’t see the point of eating them in the first place. These types of foods don’t stick with me because, well, they’re cereal and oatmeal.
So many other breakfast foods require preparation and cooking and who has time for THAT in the morning? And then you have to clean the kitchen? No, no. Not how I want to start my day.
This. This is the perfect breakfast. Spaghetti Squash, Broccoli, Bacon and Cheddar Mini Quiches.
They’re perfect because they can be made ahead of time and reheated in the toaster oven or in the microwave and eaten on the run! Packed with protein in the form of eggs, cheese and bacon, they’ve also got two veggies: Broccoli and spaghetti squash. There’s barely a carbohydrate in sight!
How to make Spaghetti Squash, Broccoli, Bacon and Cheddar Mini Quiches:
- If you have simply prepared leftover spaghetti squash, you’re ready to roll.
- If you need to roast it first, here’s some information on how to do it in another one of my recipes. You’ll need about three cups.
- Season the squash with salt and black pepper (if you haven’t already) and form little “crusts” in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes just so it dries out a bit. Spaghetti squash has a lot of water in it–you don’t want that moisture at the bottom of your quiche. However, it won’t dry out completely and won’t be pastry-like.
- Add in some lightly cooked broccoli, cheese, bacon and ladle in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes and baby! A breakfast worth waking up for!
You can do loads of variations with this recipe:
- Use spinach or asparagus in place of the broccoli.
- Use sausage or ham in place of the bacon.
- Almost any shredded cheese will work!
Breakfast perfection in mini quiches!
Let’s eat and go make it a great day!
For more great spaghetti squash recipes, be sure to try my:
- Spaghetti Squash Fries
- Spaghetti Squash, Poblano and Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
- Spaghetti Squash Fideos
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- Cooking spray
- 1 small spaghetti squash, halved, roasted and shredded (approximately 3 cups)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium broccoli crown, cut into florets (you need to end up with approximately 2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup 2% milk
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Season the spaghetti squash with salt and black pepper to taste. Divide it up equally into 12 portions and place each portion in a muffin pan, pressing it into the bottom and up the sides. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- While the spaghetti squash cups are baking, bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the broccoli for 1-2 minutes. Drain well and coarsely chop.
- Place equal amounts of the broccoli, cheese and bacon in each squash "cup." Whisk together the eggs and milk and season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour an equal amount of the egg mixture into each muffin cup using a small ladle.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Let rest in the pan 10 minutes. Run the dull side of a paring knife around each quiche, remove and serve.
MAKE AHEAD: Bake, cool and refrigerate. Reheat in a toaster oven for 18-20 minutes or until heated through.
FREEZER-FRIENDLY: Place in an airtight container and freeze up to three months. To reheat, increase time to 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.