Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms are the ultimate spring-inspired appetizer! Besides being delicious, they’re super simple and can be made well ahead of your get-together.
The inspiration behind this recipe:
For some reason, I thought it would be beneficial to save 30 years of Bon Appetit magazine! Oh, I had them totally organized in date order. One day reality and sanity struck and it occurred to me I was never going to do anything with them. They were never going to do anything for me except take up space.
So, as I have time or are only half-watching a television show, I page through them and am saving recipes that make sense to make now. Those old magazines are fun to look at–like a little trip back in time. However, many of the recipes are beyond redemption and need to be forever forgotten.
But then, in the midst of all those old recipes is a jewel! Like, these Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms from 1993!
Besides being an artichoke fanatic, I’m a stuffed artichoke bottom fanatic! My recipe for Goat Cheese Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms is one of my most pinned recipes!
How to make Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms:
- Start with canned artichoke bottoms. Canned artichoke bottoms can be a little tough to find so I order them from Amazon. (Affiliate Link)
- Each can will normally contain six bottoms. You’ll want three cans so you have 12 to 14 of the prettiest ones as there may be a few oddballs in there. (Save them and place in a salad… waste not!)
- Drain, pat dry and examine for any tough outer fibrous material. Carefully trim it away with a paring knife.
- Place in a baking dish sprayed with a little cooking spray…
- Combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, parsley, pine nuts and garlic and stir together.
- Fill the artichoke bottoms with the combination.
And they’re done! Easy, easy! And so impressive!
Hot, cheesy, lemony! Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms!
Love artichokes? Be sure to try my other amazing artichoke recipes!
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- Deviled Crab-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- Oven-Roasted Artichokes with Roasted Garlic Butter
- Cauliflower Artichoke Tabbouleh
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- Non-stick cooking spray or olive oil
- 2-3 cans (14-ounce) artichoke bottoms, rinsed, drained and patted dry (approximately 12-14)
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves, garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish large enough to hold all the artichoke bottoms with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place artichoke bottoms in baking dish.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, parsley and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Mound mixture into artichoke bottoms.
- Bake 20- 24 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Garnish with additional chopped parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
MAKE AHEAD: Can be filled and stuffed 1-2 days ahead of time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.