Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms are the ultimate spring-inspired appetizer! Besides being delicious, they’re super simple and can be made well ahead of your get-together. Don’t miss my Marinated Mozzarella Balls for another super simple party-perfect appetizer!
Why This Recipe is a Keeper!
For some reason, I thought it would be beneficial to save 30 years of Bon Appetit magazine! Oh, I had them totally organized in date order. One day reality and sanity struck and it occurred to me I was never going to do anything with them. They were never going to do anything for me except take up space.
So, as I have time or are only half-watching a television show, I page through them and am saving recipes that make sense to make now. Those old magazines are fun to look at–like a little trip back in time. However, many of the recipes are beyond redemption and need to be forever forgotten.
But then, in the midst of all those old recipes is a jewel! Like, these Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms from 1993!
Appetizers with artichoke hearts or bottoms are always the hit of the party!
Besides being an artichoke fanatic, I’m a stuffed artichoke bottom fanatic! My recipe for Goat Cheese Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms is one of my most pinned recipes!
How to make Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms:
- Start with canned artichoke bottoms. Canned artichoke bottoms can be a little tough to find so I order them from Amazon. (Affiliate Link)
- Each can will normally contain six bottoms. You’ll want three cans so you have 12 to 14 of the prettiest ones as there may be a few oddballs in there. (Save them and place in a salad… waste not!)
- Drain, pat dry and examine for any tough outer fibrous material. Carefully trim it away with a paring knife.
- Place in a baking dish sprayed with a little cooking spray…
- Combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, parsley, pine nuts and garlic and stir together.
- Fill the artichoke bottoms with the combination.
And they’re done! Easy, easy! And so impressive!
Hot, cheesy, lemony! Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms!
To make with artichoke hearts:
If you can’t find artichoke bottoms, make this with artichoke hearts!
- Oil a baking dish.
- Spread the artichoke hearts cut side up in the baking dish.
- Combine the filling mixture.
- Spoon it evenly over the artichoke hearts.
- Top with breadcrumbs or crushed butter crackers if desired.
- Bake as directed.
Love artichokes? Be sure to try my other amazing artichoke recipes!
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- Deviled Crab-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- Roasted Artichokes
- Cauliflower Artichoke Tabbouleh
- Instant Pot Artichokes
Join the FROM A CHEF’S KITCHEN MAILING LIST to get all the latest posts and more!
Lemon Parmesan Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
Click to Rate!
- Cooking spray or olive oil - or olive oil for baking dish
- 2-3 cans (14-ounce) artichoke bottoms - rinsed, drained and patted dry (approximately 12-14)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 large lemon - juiced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley - plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish large enough to hold all the artichoke bottoms with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place artichoke bottoms in baking dish.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, parsley and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Mound mixture into artichoke bottoms.
- Bake 20- 24 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Garnish with additional chopped parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you’re using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.