Naan Potato Pizza with Radish Top Pesto and Smoked Mozzarella, baby! Perfect for carb-lovers! Radish season is fast approaching so save the tops to make a delicious pesto … and then make this pizza!
The inspiration behind this recipe:
This is a recipe I’ve been meaning to bring to you for a very LONG time. However, with everything else going on around here, making pizza dough just seemed like too much work!
My stepchildren and I had a difficult time bonding when my husband and I first got married. Yeah, a stepmom isn’t exactly every child’s dream. However, one of the things we started doing to have some fun and just relax as a blended family was “Make Your Own Pizza” night. We would get all the fixings together and then use flatbread, pitas or naans for the crust so everyone could create their own personal pizzas. We all had a great time!
Thanks to a recent MYOP night, I remembered we had several packages of naan in the freezer. It’s so perfect as a quickie pizza crust!
How to make Naan Potato Pizza with Radish Top Pesto and Smoked Mozzarella:
Here’s all you do for this naan potato pizza….
- Roast potato slices in extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and plenty of fresh rosemary until they’re tender but not browned or potato chip-like.
- Spread pesto over the naan. I used Radish Greens Pesto we had in our freezer. Radish season is coming up quickly so be sure to make some! It’s perfect here! Not so sure basil pesto would work as basil and rosemary don’t sound like a great combination. However, you could use kale or spinach pesto.
- Top with smoked Mozzarella (or smoked Provolone or smoked Gouda), red onion slices, the taters, a bit more cheese and….
Here’s a thought….
Top this naan potato pizza with an over-easy egg for a crazy delicious breakfast!
For more great pizza recipes, be sure to try my:
- Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Prosciutto, Kale Sprouts and Balsamic Drizzle
- Skillet Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 8-10 small (baby) red or Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into ⅛-inch slices
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 naan flatbreads (1 8.8-ounce package)
- 1 cup radish top, spinach or kale pesto
- 8 ounces shredded smoked Mozzarella, provolone or Gouda
- Red onion slivers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, black pepper and rosemary. Spread out on the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender but not browned.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Spread pesto over naans. Top with ¾ of the cheese, reserving some for on top. Place red onion slices on pizza, followed by potatoes and remaining cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes on a pizza stone (if possible) or until naan is crispy and cheese is melted and lightly browned. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Serving Size:½ pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 983mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 26g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.