Shrimp, Scallop and Artichoke Lasagna is perfect for an easy, elegant romantic Valentine’s Day date night dinner at home! Best of all, it can be made ahead!
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
I know it’s still a bit early, but have you thought about what to do yet for Valentine’s Day? It has a way of sneaking up!
Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday night this year so that complicates matters. If you’re anything like me, you’re not too crazy about the crowds in restaurants on Valentine’s Day. On Friday after a full work week, all I want to do is go home and relax with my hubby. So instead, we’re planning to have a simple yet super delicious dinner at home with the help of Bertolli®!
There are many Italian pasta sauces to choose from, however, there is only one from Tuscany and that’s Bertolli®. Bertolli® sauces have a flavor as unique as the region where they’re born. It’s the only premium sauce prepared the Tuscan way–cooked lightly with olive oil for layers of delicious fresh flavor.
Gather with friends, family or just your loved one for a meal, open a jar of Bertolli® sauce and Taste the Tuscan Difference! Don’t just reach for a jar of Italian, reach for a jar of Tuscan and taste the delicious difference. The Tuscan Way makes Bertolli® sauces taste uniquely delicious and only Bertolli® is made the Tuscan Way. Bertolli® sauces are right for any of life’s meals!
Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce With Aged Parmesan Cheese are two sauces made for each other for the best Rosa Sauce recipe!
- Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic is made with juicy tomatoes, Italian herbs and fresh garlic, all cooked lightly with olive oil to create a favorite Tuscan classic.
- Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce With Aged Parmesan Cheese is made with fresh cream and aged Parmesan cheese which is perfect for creating indulgent Italian favorites!
When combined, they create a delicious and savory Rosa Sauce and the Tuscan-inspired possibilities are endless! Perfect for a lovely Valentine’s Day dinner at home!
These two sauces are the perfect blend for my Shrimp, Scallop and Artichoke Lasagna!
How to make Shrimp, Scallop and Artichoke Lasagna:
- Start by combining Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce With Aged Parmesan Cheese. If you want to serve this dish the same day, heating the sauce will reduce the baking time. If making ahead of time, simply combine the sauces in a mixing bowl.
- Then, season shrimp and scallops with salt and black pepper and sear in a little bit of olive oil.
- When cool to the touch, cut the shrimp in half widthwise and quarter the sea scallops.
- Here are the other ingredients you’ll need:
- No-boil lasagna noodles
- Chopped artichoke hearts
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Spread a little sauce on the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold approximately four servings. 1 1/2 quart oval or rectangular is good!
- Place 1 1/2 no-boil lasagna noodles over the sauce. Now, don’t worry at all if the noodles are not pretty or perfectly halved! The luscious Rosa Sauce and deliciousness of this lasagna will hide any imperfections!
- Then, more Rosa Sauce and start layering!
- Add the seafood…
- Artichoke hearts….
- Parmesan cheese and parsley….
- Then do it all over again two more times for three delicious layers of loveliness!
- And friends! Shrimp, Scallop and Artichoke Lasagna in a lovely Rosa Sauce made with Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce With Aged Parmesan Cheese!
I’m going to stop talking for a little bit so you can take in all the deliciousness!
How easy is that? Saucy, easy and delicious! Because Shrimp, Scallop and Artichoke Lasagna made with Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce With Aged Parmesan Cheese is so easy to make, it’s perfect for a special and relaxed Valentine’s Day date night dinner at home!
To learn more and to find out where to buy Bertolli®Sauces simply enter your zip code at:
- Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic: http://bit.ly/2CnzoCF
- Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce With Aged Parmesan Cheese: http://bit.ly/2CUwW74
For more Rosa Sauce recipe inspiration:
- Creamy Rosa Caprese Gnocchi with Blistered Tomatoes
- Sausage, Peppers and Onions with Creamy Rosa Polenta
- Rosa Shrimp and Asparagus Spaghetti
- And my: Chicken in Rosa Sauce with Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Spinach
Connect with Bertolli® on social media at:
- 1 jar (24-ounce) Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic
- 1 jar (15-ounce) Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce With Aged Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for baking dish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large sea scallops, any side muscle removed
- 8 ounces large shrimp (preferably wild-caught), peeled and deveined (weight after peeling and deveining)
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles, 3 broken in half lengthwise
- 1 can (14-ounce) artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce With Aged Parmesan Cheese in a saucepan to make the Rosa Sauce and bring to a low simmer. Remove from heat.
- Lightly oil a 1 1/2 quart oval or rectangular baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the sea scallops with salt and black pepper. Place the scallops in the pan and sear 2 minutes. Flip the scallops with tongs and sear 1 minute on the other side. Transfer to a plate.
- When scallops have cooled to the touch, cut into quarters.
- Season the shrimp with salt and black pepper. Place the shrimp in the skillet and sear 1 minute or until edges start to turn pink. Flip the shrimp with tongs and sear 30 seconds on the other side. Transfer to a plate.
- When the shrimp have cooled to the touch, cut in half widthwise.
- Spread approximately 1/2 cup of the Rosa sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish then layer as follows:
--Place 1 1/2 lasagna noodles over the Rosa Sauce.
--Cover the noodles with approximately 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup Rosa Sauce.
--Top with 1/3 of the shrimp, 1/3 of the scallops, 1/3 of the artichokes, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of parsley.
--Top with 1 1/2 lasagna noodles and repeat the layering process with another third of the ingredients.
--The final layer should be Rosa Sauce, the remaining cheese and parsley.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 30-40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into pieces as desired.
- Serve with crushed red pepper flakes on the side if desired.
MAKE AHEAD: Combine sauces but do not heat. Cook shrimp and scallops as directed. Assemble as directed and refrigerate up to 1 day ahead. Increase baking time by 15-20 minutes if room temperature or cold from refrigeration.