Slow Cooker Honey Ham with Pineapple Salsa is the way to a beautiful and stress-free holiday celebration your guests will rave about!
The inspiration behind this recipe:
There’s always so much to do this time of year. There’s spring cleaning to do inside and out, yard work and plants to plant. Not to mention, Easter is coming up very quickly!
In addition to all that, we’re getting ready for the annual visit from my mother-in-law. Most people would dread that but thankfully I have a mother-in-law who is wonderful and very helpful.
To make the most of Easter and her visit, I’m doing this easy Slow Cooker Honey Ham with Pineapple Salsa!
How to make Slow Cooker Honey Ham with Pineapple Salsa:
Because Easter morning is pretty busy, I like to heat ham in a slow cooker so it’s ready when we return from church and I don’t have to take up oven space.
- When you purchase a spiral-sliced ham, typically the glaze surrounds the ham in the package so you’ll want to open it inside the slow cooker.
- Then simply heat on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- If you can, use a turkey baster to baste the ham with the glaze several times while heating.
- Ham garnished with pineapple is the classic way to serve it. However, here’s a fun and updated pineapple salsa to serve with the Slow Cooker Honey Ham. This spicy, tangy pineapple salsa pairs perfectly with the sweet, smoky ham. Use pre-cut pineapple so the salsa can be made quickly.
Have a Happy and Joyous Easter and I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Honey Ham with Pineapple Salsa!
Serve with these recipes for the perfect Easter menu!
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- Spinach Artichoke Squares
- Arugula, Egg and Asparagus Salad with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
- Garlic Herb Muffin Pan Potato Galettes
- Roasted Hasselback Beets with Dill Dressing
- Asparagus Cordon Bleu
- Lighter Mini Cheesecakes
Slow Cooker Honey Ham with Pineapple Salsa
Click to Rate!
- 1 (8-10 pound) spiral cut honey ham
- 1 container (1-pound) sliced pineapple - or a large pineapple if you don't mind doing more work
- 1 jalapeno pepper - finely chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons honey - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Unwrap the spiral-cut honey ham inside a large slow cooker. Coat the ham with the glaze. Cover and cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours or until heated through to 165 degrees. If possible, baste the ham using a turkey baster several times with the juices and glaze. Let rest 20 minutes before serving.
- Chop the pineapple into 1/4-inch dice and place in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Serve with ham.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.