Southwestern Spiced Grilled Pork Chops with Plum Jalapeno Salsa is a delicious, summery dinner for two that's perfect for date night or a weeknight dinner.
Hey, all! I'm sharing something very special for an easy date night dinner for two that is super easy to pull together! I've also got some great summer entertaining tips!
Summer entertaining tips:
- Create a defined outdoor "dining room" with the outdoor furniture you already have or borrow a few pieces from inside your home.
- Borrow from your yard and garden to create an unfussy centerpiece such as floating a large flower or even several in a glass bowl.
- Use flameless battery-powered candles on your table so you don't have to worry about them being knocked over or the wind blowing them out.
- Repurpose white Christmas lights by hanging them around your party area to set a festive mood.
- Keep dinnerware casual. Use pretty disposables, melamine or even mismatched pieces from second-hand stores.
- Use a decorative tub or trough filled with plenty of ice to keep drinks cool.
- Keep the food seasonal and casual. Serve lots of salads, vegetables and fruit.
- Keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold.
- Be aware of cross-contamination when grilling meats. Always use a clean platter for the finished product.
- Set plenty of citronella candles around the party area to keep bugs away.
How to make Southwestern Spiced Grilled Pork Chops with Plum Jalapeno Salsa:
- Start with two thick bone-in pork rib chops.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl then transfer to a jar and keep airtight. The rub recipe makes plenty so you can use it all summer long!
- Generously season the pork chops with the spice rub. Then grill.
- While the pork chops are grilling, prepare this fresh, spicy plum and jalapeno salsa.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl then serve with the chops.
What could be easier?
Serve with some simply grilled vegetables on the side and you've got a wonderful, casual summertime dinner for two!
More pork recipes you'll love:
- Cajun-Smothered Pork Medallions
- Pecan-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon – Mustard Sauce
- Spicy Tahini Pork Medallions with Harissa Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- Sicilian Stuffed Pork Chops with White Wine and Caper Sauce
- Cuban-Style Mojo Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans
- Slow Cooker Honey Ham with Pineapple Salsa
Southwestern Spiced Grilled Pork Chops with Plum Jalapeno Salsa
Southwestern Spice Rub
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano - preferably Mexican
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large plums - ripe but firm, pitted and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper - seeded if desired
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoon honey - or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt - to taste
- 2 bone-in rib pork chops - (10-12 ounce)
- Canola or olive oil - for grill
Southwestern Spice Rub
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Generously season chops with spice mixture.
- Lightly brush grates of the grill with a small amount of oil. Place the pork chops on the grill. Cook 4-5 minutes on the first side.
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Serve chops with salsa.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.