This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartAHealthyRelationship #CollectiveBias
Spicy Indonesian Vegan Carrot Almond Soup is healthful, exotic and easy to make. It’s the perfect starter for any meal or a light meal in itself!
Hey, all! Remember me? I’ve been somewhat AWOL from my kitchen the past couple of weeks–I went to a food blogger’s conference. It’s always nice to get away but I’m sure you know how crazy it is before you leave. Then, when you get home, it’s crazy all over again having to catch up! At the conference, I indulged a little too much. Now that I’m back, I’m trying to get back to a healthier way of eating. I found two great partners to help me do that: Walmart and MaraNatha!
No doubt you’re already familiar with Walmart where you can save money and live better. However, I’m excited to tell you more about MaraNatha.
PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT! HOVER ON THE TAGS THEN CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO PURCHASE MARANATHA CREAMY NO STIR ALMOND BUTTER -OR- NO SUGAR OR SALT ADDED ALMOND BUTTER!
MaraNatha is one of America’s largest producers of high-quality natural and organic nut butters. They use only the finest heart-healthy almonds, then roast them to perfection. Their double-grind process creates a rich, velvety smooth spreadable texture you can enjoy right from the jar.
MaraNatha Creamy No-Stir Almond Butter is the perfect way to enjoy the great taste and natural goodness of almonds. Best of all, you don’t have to stir it to use it!
Also available is MaraNatha Creamy No Sugar or Salt Added Almond Butter which is also ultra-smooth and doesn’t need to be stirred. With no additives, almonds never tasted so good!
All it has is the pure taste of rich, toasted almonds making it perfect in any recipe including baked goods. Start a healthy relationship! Pair these MaraNatha almond butters with fruit or vegetables such as celery and carrots. It makes a tasty spread on whole-grain bread or crackers and the perfect addition to your favorite smoothie.
MaraNatha is the choice for nut-lovers who enjoy a healthy lifestyle! It’s the better-for-you nut butter brand with superior taste. Just be sure to refrigerate it after opening to preserve its exceptional quality. Look for MaraNatha Almond Butters in the peanut butter section at your local Walmart.
I was craving something super healthful and nourishing after getting back from the conference. Carrots dipped in MaraNatha is one of my favorite wholesome snacks so I created this lovely Spicy Indonesian Vegan Carrot Almond Soup using MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter. This soup tastes and sounds exotic, but it’s super easy to make!
How to make Spicy Indonesian Vegan Carrot Almond Soup
- Start with garden-fresh carrots. If you’re short on time, use peeled and ready-to-eat bagged baby carrots.
- Cook the carrots along with celery, onions, ginger and garlic in a small amount of oil to start the flavor process.
- Add vegetable broth then simmer covered until all the veggies are super tender. Add MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter, a few more seasonings then puree until smooth.
That’s it and you’ve got a nourishing and satisfying soup that’s perfect to start a meal or to enjoy as a light meal in itself!
Heavy cream is often used in pureed soups such as this one to add body and silkiness. With MaraNatha, you can skip the heavy cream! MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter adds body and silkiness but best of all, it adds flavor and wholesomeness!
Finding MaraNatha and starting a healthy relationship is easy! Click on the photo at the top to purchase online or look for it at your local Walmart. Here’s a COUPON to make it even easier to try MaraNatha and you can earn cash back with the provider, Ibotta! How cool is that?
- 2 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced (approximately 6 cups)
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Creamy MaraNatha Almond Butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Sliced almonds, garnish
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery, reduce heat to medium and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften, stirring often.
- Add carrots, ginger and garlic. Continue cooking another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often or until ginger and garlic are fragrant.
- Add 5 cups vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until carrots are very soft, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add almond butter, soy sauce or tamari, lime juice, chili garlic sauce and salt to taste.
- Puree until smooth with an immersion blender. Alternately, puree in batches in a food processor or blender (be careful with hot liquids) until smooth. If too thick, add remaining vegetable broth.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.
To save time, use peeled, bagged baby carrots.
Amount Per Serving Calories 401 Total Fat 25g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 426mg Carbohydrates 36g Fiber 9g Sugar 15g Protein 13g