Cauliflower Antipasto Salad is easy summertime fare that’s light, crunchy, crazy flavorful and perfect for feeding a crowd!
Although one can make and enjoy a salad any time of year, one of the reasons I love summer is because it’s truly “salad season!” We love having salads ready to go in our refrigerator all summer long to grab for a quick, easy lunch or enjoy as part of a light supper.
Italian-inspired Cauliflower Antipasto Salad is crazy easy to make. It will last for a couple of days in your refrigerator for meals on the go or you can pull it together quickly and take it to an impromptu summer get-together with friends or for the crowd you’re expecting for a casual summer occasion!
How to make Cauliflower Antipasto Salad:
- Start by roasting red bell peppers under the broiler. Cover, then let them steam 15 to 20 minutes or so so the skin is easier to remove. Then coarsely chop.
- If you’re really short on time, use a good brand of jarred roasted red bell peppers. Here’s a guide on the best brands to use: Best Roasted Red Bell Peppers.
- Then, just combine all the other ingredients! Fresh cauliflower cut into small bite-sized florets, salami/salumi, marinated artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans, black olives, cheese, herbs and a lively dressing.
That’s it my friends! Cauliflower Antipasto Salad!
It’s the perfect summer salad for keeping in the fridge for a light summer lunch, as part of a quick supper or a crowd-pleaser your family and friends will love!
Cauliflower Antipasto Salad is super low-carb so everyone at the party can enjoy it! Well, okay, not the vegetarians or vegans but if you’re expecting any at the party, just leave out the cheese and salami/salumi.
Check out my other delicious Italian-inspired salads!
Items needed to make Cauliflower Antipasto Salad:
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded --OR-- 1 jar (12-ounce) roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15-ounce) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar (12-ounce) marinated artichoke hearts, drained (reserve marinade) and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 8 ounces Mozzarella or Provolone cheese, diced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Italian salami such as Genoa or Soppressata, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped loosely packed Italian parsley or celery leaves plus more for garnish
- Reserved marinade from artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
SALAD: Preheat broiler to high. Place red bell pepper halves on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil. Place under the broiler and broil 10 to 15 minutes or until blackened. Immediately place another baking sheet the same size over the peppers or cover with aluminum foil. Let the peppers steam and rest for 15 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Add cauliflower, red onion, garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, olives, pepperoncini peppers, cheese, salami and parsley (or celery leaves). Toss to combine.
DRESSING: Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad and stir to combine. Garnish with additional parsley or celery leaves.