Cold Thai Cucumber Avocado Soup with Cucumber Relish is as refreshing as it gets on a hot summer day with Greek yogurt, tangy lime juice, cilantro and a touch of spice!
We’re going green today folks with a super healthful and refreshing Cold Thai Cucumber Avocado Soup with Cucumber Relish with Greek yogurt, tangy lime juice and cilantro. A splash of Sriracha hot sauce provides the right amount of heat. A light and crunchy cucumber relish on the top puts this refreshing soup over the top! What’s not to love on a hot summer day?
I’ve found there are two types of people in this world–those who love cold soups and those who do not. I recently suggested gazpacho for a client who wanted soup. She responded by vehemently using the “h” word to convey her feeling on the subject. Know not to go there anymore!
I’m in the first category and love cold soups. I’ll admit it was a little strange at first. Soup should be hot, steamy and warm you to your soul, right? I then started to make my Very Veggie Gazpacho all those years ago and that opened my mind to cold soups. I now make my gazpacho at least once each summer.
How to make Cold Thai Cucumber Avocado Soup with Cucumber Relish:
- Cold Thai Cucumber Avocado Soup with Cucumber Relish is as easy as combining all the soup ingredients in a blender.
- A food processor will work if you have one that does not leak. A blender is one kitchen appliance I don’t have and my food processor leaks!
- If you don’t have a blender or food processor, simply combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and use an immersion blender. An immersion blender is one of the handiest tools you can have in your kitchen!
- Then, add texture and crunch by hand chopping the Cucumber Relish.
Make this Cold Thai Cucumber Avocado Soup with Cucumber Relish dairy-free / vegan by using coconut or soy yogurt. The soup thickens during refrigeration, so just add water as necessary and adjust the acidity with lime juice and the heat with additional Sriracha.
This flavorful soup makes an elegant starter for a Thai-inspired meal or with a salad for a wonderful light lunch.
Be sure to try these other delicious chilled soups:
- Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
- Very Veggie Gazpacho
- Mango Gazpacho with Crab and Jalapeno Relish
- Watermelon Gazpacho with Serrano Chiles and Mint
Cold Thai Cucumber Avocado Soup with Cucumber Relish
Click to Rate!
- 3 medium Kirby cucumbers or 2 large English - or 2 large English hothouse cucumbers
- 3 ripe avocados - pitted and peeled
- 2-3 large limes - juiced (1/3 cup) or to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 container (5.3 ounce) nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 cup water - or as needed
- Sriracha hot sauce - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro sprigs and lime wedges for garnish
- 1 medium Kirby cucumber - seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Combine all soup ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Alternately, combine all ingredients in a large deep bowl and process until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Soup may thicken as it chills, so add water as needed and adjust seasonings.
- Combine relish ingredients in a small bowl. Serve atop soup with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.