Chicken Zucchini Feta Burgers with Jalapeno Tzatziki are a tasty and healthful way to spice up your summer burger routine!
Can you believe how fast summer is going by? I truly don’t know where half of it went and we’re already harvesting butternut squash from our garden!
There are still so many summery recipes I want to make before the leaves fall. This one has been on my summer list to create for a while and I’m happy to say it’s a new favorite of ours!
We don’t use ground chicken for things very often but whenever we do, I’m always so glad. However, it has to be the “right” chicken.
I highly, highly recommend getting freshly ground chicken (and turkey!) if you can. I’m a huge fan of The Fresh Market so I always get it from there. It’s always freshly ground that day and I can request all-white meat, half white-half dark or all dark meat. Always be sure to use any freshly ground meat or poultry within a day or so.
How to make Chicken Zucchini Feta Burgers with Jalapeno Tzatziki:
- To bump up the flavor of the chicken burgers starting on the inside, saute a small onion in olive oil first.
- Shred a medium zucchini and add it to the onions along with some garlic and give it a quick stir to soften it.
- Remove from the heat and add some dried or fresh oregano and a pinch of cayenne. Let that cool.
- Stir in a good heaping cup of crumbled feta cheese and some salt and pepper.
- Add to the ground chicken, mix it up then form into burgers.
- Then grill, baby, grill!
- Mix up the jalapeno tzatziki. For the cucumbers, I like to peel thin strips from most of the cucumber. I find the cucumber peel can be a little tough sometimes but I don’t like to remove it completely because of the nutrition in the peel. This way they also look very pretty in salads.
- Serve on buttery, brioche buns with lettuce, tomato and red onion for a super tasty, Greek-inspired, lighter and healthier burger!
Delicious! And I love these soft, buttery brioche burger buns from The Fresh Market, too!
Be sure to check out my other great burger recipes!
- Grilled Burgers with Bacon-Tomato Jam and Smoked Gouda
- Lentil Walnut Veggie Burgers with Avocado Tzatziki Sauce
- Shrimp Burgers with Jalapeno Remoulade
Chicken Zucchini Feta Burgers with Jalapeño Tzatziki
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese heaping
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large cucumber thin strips removed, seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded if desired, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ large lemon juiced
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint about a handful
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 6 brioche buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Jalapeno slices
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until softened. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until zucchini is softened. Stir in oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Remove from the heat and let cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add feta cheese, salt, black pepper and chicken.
- Form into 6 even burgers.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Place burgers on the grill. Grill 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve burgers on brioche buns. Toast or grill if desired. Add lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and tzatziki as desired. Devour.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.