Shrimp Burgers with Jalapeno Remoulade are a tasty New Orleans-inspired alternative to traditional beef burgers. A jalapeno remoulade is the perfect, delicious accompaniment!
Happy National Burger Day! While I love a good, classic beef burger, these Shrimp Burgers with Jalapeno Remoulade are a tasty alternative.
When I saw this shrimp burger recipe in a recent Cuisine at Home magazine, I knew it would be perfect with my “go-to” remoulade that I make for my clients whenever I prepare certain fish or seafood dishes.
What is remoulade?
A remoulade has French origins and is usually aioli or mayonnaise-based. It’s similar to a tartar sauce and pairs well with fish and seafood dishes. One of the main ingredients is something pickled such as cucumbers or capers.
We always have pickled jalapenos in the pantry so instead of the traditional pickles or capers, I used our pickled jalapenos. We loved the spicy result!
Tips for making shrimp burgers:
A food processor makes quick work of both components of this dish–the remoulade and the shrimp burgers.
- First, combine the remoulade ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until needed
- Because you did the remoulade first, don’t worry about washing out the food processor. Mince the vegetables then the shrimp and you’re on your way!
- Double the recipe, form into mini cakes and these make a great appetizer!
- The shrimp burgers need to be chilled before cooking so they hold together better when being cooked. Simply form into burgers, then place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or refrigerate at least 30-45 minutes.
Serve with oven-baked French fries seasoned with your favorite Cajun seasoning blend and a good brew on the side. Enjoy!
More great shrimp recipes!
- Shrimp Scampi with Shallots and Artichokes
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- Spicy Shrimp and Grits Casserole with Gouda Cheese
- Smothered Shrimp with Andouille Sausage and Creamy Parmesan Peppercorn Grits
- Shrimp and Corn Risotto with Bacon
- The Best Shrimp Creole
- Spicy Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 1/2 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green part only, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 heaping tablespoon coarsely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian or sweet paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, white and light green part only, coarsely chopped
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 14 large shrimp (16-20 count, 8 ounces after cleaning), peeled, deveined and tails removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 hamburger buns, halved, brushed with melted butter and lightly toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- REMOULADE: Combine remoulade ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth; transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- BURGERS: Combine celery, scallion and lemon zest is a food processor. Pulse until minced.
- Add shrimp and pulse until minced. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add panko, mayonnaise, Old Bay, and Tabasco sauce.
- Form mixture into 2 patties approximately 3/4-inch thick, place on a plate and chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp burgers, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes per side or until firm and cooked through to an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Serve on toasted buns with lettuce and remoulade.
Prep time includes chilling time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1179Total Fat: 87gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 64gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 3011mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 36g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.