Spicy Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese is an easy weeknight dinner or a great appetizer to share with friends. Best of all, it bakes up in one dish for ultimate ease!
Friends! I’m so excited to share this dish with you because it’s based on one of my all-time favorite recipes!
The inspiration behind this dish:
All those years ago when I was single and living in Milwaukee and couldn’t afford much of anything, I would head to the library each Saturday and pick up cookbooks to page through. Most people would grab a good novel. No, not me.
Now, this was 30 years ago and international and gourmet markets were still a rarity, especially in Milwaukee. However, a cookbook I checked out that opened my eyes to the wonders of global cuisine was Betty Crocker’s New International Cookbook. (Affiliate Link)
One of my favorite recipes in that book was simply titled, Shrimp with Feta Cheese. It’s a classic Greek recipe with shrimp in a lively tomato sauce with feta cheese served over rice or pasta.
I needed tomatoes for another recipe recently and rather than running into a supermarket (which seemed like more trouble than I wanted to go to), I decided to run into an Aldi instead. The low price made me go a little tomato crazy and I bought too many so now, I give you Spicy Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese!
My hubby and I are both in love with this new, updated version of the Greek classic!
How to make Spicy Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese:
- Place 4 cups of whole cherry or grape tomatoes in a large shallow baking dish. (The one shown is 10 inches across.) You want the cherry tomatoes to be in one layer as much as possible.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the tomatoes are beginning to burst and give off their juices.
- Add peeled and deveined shrimp (wild-caught always!), lemon juice, garlic, and chopped fresh parsley.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese….
- Bake some more…
And friends! You’ve got a dish people are going to ooooh and aaaah over!
It’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or for gathering with friends at the kitchen island with some drinks…
…and crusty bread! Crusty bread for soaking up those divine juices is definitely a must! Orzo or rice on the side would also work well if you’re serving for a casual dinner.
Soo good! Enjoy!
For more quick and delicious shrimp recipes, be sure to try my:
- The Best Shrimp Creole
- Shrimp in Avocado Butter
- Grilled Citrus Chili Shrimp with Mango – Pineapple Salsa
- Shrimp Scampi with Artichokes
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 pound large (31-35 count) shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss together tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and salt.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and bursting.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, parsley, shrimp and stir together.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Bake another 12 to 13 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with additional chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread and more lemon wedges.
Amount Per Serving Calories 535Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 341mgSodium 2075mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 6gSugar 27gProtein 42g