Green Chile Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Cornmeal Pecan Crust is spicy, crunchy, cheesy and easy! It's a great make-ahead dish for any night of the week and dressy enough for guests.
This Green Chile Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Cornmeal Pecan Crust will become one of your go-to recipes for a great weeknight dinner or when you need something unique for guests.
Everyone will love the crunchy, spicy exterior and the creamy, tangy goat cheese and green chile filling. You'll love how easy it is!
How to make Green Chile Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Cornmeal Pecan Crust:
- Butterfly the chicken breasts with a good, sharp boning knife, being careful not to cut or tear through the flesh.
- Combine the filling in a bowl:
- Goat cheese
- Diced green chiles
- Fill the chicken with equal amounts of the filling.
- Secure the chicken breasts with toothpicks.
- Combine the coating in a mini food processor:
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Dredge the chicken in the combination, place in a baking dish, spray with cooking spray to keep the nuts from burning and bake.
That's it! Cheesy. Spicy. Crunchy. Easy. Delicious!
Food safety tip!
The safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees.
When cooking stuffed chicken breasts, it's very important to cook the filling to a safe interior temperature of 165 degrees because the filling has been next to raw chicken.
More chicken recipes you'll love!
- Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
- Walnut-Crusted Chicken with Pomegranate Sauce
- Grilled Citrus Chicken with Spicy Basil Chimichurri
- Chicken Scallopini with Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille
- Chicken Pinot Noir with Wild Mushrooms and Fresh Basil
- Chicken Marrakesh with Jeweled Couscous
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Green Chile Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Cornmeal Pecan Crust
- Canola oil - or olive oil for baking dish
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 log (10-ounce) goat cheese - softened
- 1 can (5.25 ounce) diced green chiles - drained
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro - plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 cup ground pecans - (approximately)
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly brush a baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- Cut horizontally through the center of each chicken breast, creating a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through at any point. Set aside.
- Combine goat cheese, diced green chiles, garlic, cilantro and salt and black pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Place equal amounts of the filling on each chicken breast, fold over and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine ground pecans, cornmeal, chili powder, red pepper and salt and black pepper, to taste in a bowl or shallow dish such as a pie plate.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the pecan mixture and place in the baking dish. Spray each chicken breast half with cooking spray.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked through to 165 degrees. Remove toothpicks prior to serving.
- Garnish with additional chopped fresh cilantro.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.