Green Chile Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Cornmeal Pecan Crust is spicy, crunchy, cheesy and easy! It’s a great make-ahead dish for any night of the week and dressy enough for guests.
My wonderful mom-in-law has been here on her annual month-long visit that she does every spring. And yes, I did say she is wonderful. She is actually a mother-in-law you WANT around for an extended period of time. Because my mother passed away, she’s more important to me than ever.
Before she goes to bed she asks…. “Is there anything you want me to do for you tomorrow?”
15 things run through my head and I want to start rattling things off. She loves to help us out but no…. I just can’t; she’s our guest and I don’t want to give her a “job” to do.
The other day she just “happened” to find pumpkin puree in our pantry and cream cheese in the refrigerator. We came home to pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting! Be still my heart! So what if pumpkin season has passed. They were AWESOME.
Anyway, it’s been a bit busy around here so this is going to be a brief post about a crazy delicious dish!
This Green Chile Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Cornmeal Pecan Crust will become one of your go-to recipes for a great weeknight dinner or when you need a great dish for guests.
How to make Green Chile Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Cornmeal Pecan Crust:
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, being careful not to cut or tear through the flesh
- Combine the filling in a bowl
- Fill the chicken with equal amounts of the filling
- Secure the chicken breasts with toothpicks
- Combine the pecan and cornmeal coating in a mini food processor
- Coat and bake
That’s it! Cheesy. Spicy. Crunchy. Easy. Delicious!
Chicken Tostadas with Black Bean Guacamole and Salsa Fresca
Chicken Tostadas with Black Bean Guacamole and Salsa Fresca are perfect for a fun dinner or festive addition to your Cinco de Mayo party! They’re piled high with guacamole, marinated grilled chicken, fresh salsa, lettuce and queso fresco cheese.
Chicken Scallopini with Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille
Chicken Scallopini with Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille is a twist on Italian Chicken Parmigiana and classic French Ratatouille!
Chicken Meatballs Marsala with Baked Parmesan Polenta
Chicken Meatballs Marsala with Baked Parmesan Polenta is a fun twist on classic Chicken Marsala. It’s comforting, delicious and is sure to bring a taste of Italy to your table!
Mexican Chicken Poblano and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole
Mexican Chicken, Poblano and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole is easy, cheesy and perfect for when the Mexican food craving strikes! Make it ahead and bake it later!
Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato and Black Bean Flatbread Pizzas with Avocado Sour Cream
Chipotle Chicken, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Flatbread Pizzas with Avocado Sour Cream are spicy, healthy-ish and delicious! It’s how to get your Mexican food fix and pizza fix in one!
Bruschetta Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
Bruschetta Chicken with Zucchini Noodles is Italian-inspired, light, fresh, healthful and easy as summer itself. Perfect for low-carb, Paleo or gluten-free diets, too!
Southwestern Chicken Orzo and Black Bean Skillet
Southwestern Chicken, Orzo and Black Bean Skillet is an easy and festive stovetop dinner that's perfect for a weeknight! Your family will ask for it again and again!
Curry Braised Chicken Thighs
Spice up the night with your loved one with this Indian-inspired dinner for two! Serve with plenty of brown basmati rice to soak up this flavorful sauce.
Helpful tools and equipment to make Green Chile Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Cornmeal Pecan Crust (Affiliate Links):
- Oil for baking dish (canola or olive oil)
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 log (10-ounce) goat cheese, softened
- 1 can (5.25-ounce) diced green chiles, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ground pecans (about)
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (or cayenne)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly brush a baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- Cut horizontally through the center of each chicken breast, creating a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through at any point. Set aside.
- Combine goat cheese, diced green chiles, garlic, cilantro and salt and black pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Place equal amounts of the filling on each chicken breast, fold over and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine ground pecans, cornmeal, chili powder, red pepper and salt and black pepper, to taste in a bowl or shallow dish such as a pie plate.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the pecan mixture and place in the baking dish. Spray each chicken breast half with cooking spray.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked through to 165 degrees. Remove toothpicks prior to serving.
- Garnish with additional chopped fresh cilantro.
MAKE AHEAD: Prepare to the point of baking and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake per directions.
Serving Size1 breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 476 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 23g Cholesterol 109mg Sodium 232mg Carbohydrates 12g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 42g