Parmesan Roasted Cabbage Wedges elevates humble cabbage to rock star status! It’s is a dish suited for your finest dinner party and it’s so easy to make!
Cabbage is such a humble vegetable.
It generally makes a splashy appearance in the produce department around St. Patrick’s Day calling out to you to make corned beef and cabbage and then will settle back in as an often unnoticed, “pick me, pick me!” type of vegetable the rest of the year. At most, the price tops out at perhaps 50 to 60 cents per pound.
I love cabbage and it’s nice to have it around, but a large head can go A LONG WAY.
We had a half head left from a potato and cabbage soup extravaganza from my mother-in-law’s recent visit. (BTW, she makes the BEST creamy, slightly spicy potato cabbage soup!) The soup fed the three of us for a week and fed the freezer for a future soup dinner for hubby and me.
This Creamy Potato, Kielbasa and Kale Soup is pretty much her delicious soup! Simply leave out the kielbasa and sub the kale out for cabbage.
Who doesn’t love being able to repurpose food and pull it back from the compost pile brink? A trim here and there of this forlorn cabbage and the removal of one or two leaves revealed a vegetable that was eager to be desired and used once again.
How to make Parmesan Roasted Cabbage Wedges:
- Cut the half head into four wedges.
- Brushed with melted butter, then coat the cut sides in Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Some of the Parmesan cheese melted away but the end result was light with a delicate crust around the edges and a lovely, nutty flavor with just the right amount of “cheesiness.”
- The butter browns slightly and makes the perfect light sauce to drizzle back over the cabbage.
- Add some shaved Parmesan and MWAAHHHHHH! An often unnoticed, “pick me, pick me” type of vegetable elevated to rock star status!
Thank you, hope you enjoy and please share this From A Chef’s Kitchen reader favorite!
More great cabbage recipes you’ll love:
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Duck Fat Roasted Cabbage Sprouts
- Spicy Italian Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Russian Cabbage Soup (Shchi)
- Spicy Asian Pork Cabbage Rolls
- Country-Style Potato Cabbage Casserole with Cheddar and Bacon
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 medium head of green cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more shaved into "shards" for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Season melted butter with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Brush butter over the cut side of cabbage wedges.
- Coat both of the cut sides of each cabbage wedge with the Parmesan cheese and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully flip and bake 10-15 minutes more. Drizzle any browned butter back over the cabbage. Top with additional shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Serving Size:1 wedge
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 979mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.