Raspberry Ricotta Cake with Almonds is moist, fluffy and super easy to make! It’s perfect for dessert in the evening or with coffee in the morning!
The inspiration behind this recipe:
If you’re a regular reader, then you probably know I don’t post dessert recipes very often. Baking is not something I’m very passionate about and if desserts and other sweets are around the house, then I just eat them until they’re gone. With staying home now as much as possible, baking a cake just seemed like the thing to do!
The original recipe for this cake caught my eye as I was going through old Bon Appetit magazines. It seemed easy enough and we always have frozen berries in our freezer from my father’s summer berry bounty. I love that this cake is easy but it’s also super moist and not too sweet.
How to make Raspberry Ricotta Cake with Almonds:
- Start by lining a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray.
- Get the dry ingredients together:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Salt (I used fine sea salt)
- Gather up the wet and remaining ingredients:
- Good, whole milk ricotta cheese
- A stick of melted, cooled butter
- Vanilla extract
- A heaping cup of frozen raspberries
- Sliced almonds
- Combine the dry ingredients…
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients…
- Carefully stir in the berries…
- Top with a few more berries and the almonds…
And you have easy, delicious Raspberry Ricotta Cake with Almonds. It’s THAT easy!
Leave the cake in the pan to cool for at least 20 minutes. Simply run a knife around the edge of the cake pan, tip it so the pan is vertical (not all the way upside down as you don’t want to lose any almonds), unmold and let it continue cooling. (NOTE: I tested this recipe twice and only lost one almond in both.)
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream!
So easy and lovely!
For more beautiful desserts, try my:
- Easy Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Grilled Pound Cake with Balsamic-Macerated Strawberries and Mascarpone Cream
- Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Easy Mini No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Raspberry Ricotta Cake with Almonds
Click to Rate!
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter - melted and cooled (1/2 cup)
- 1 heaping cup frozen raspberries - divided
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Place a rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven (NOT right in the center). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch diameter cake pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, ricotta and vanilla until smooth in another bowl then stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in the melted butter followed by 3/4 cup of the frozen raspberries, being careful to not crush the berries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Scatter remaining berries over the top followed by the almonds.
- Bake 50 minutes or until light golden brown and a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you’re using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.