Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie is super easy and only requires minimal baking for the crust. The bottom layer is light and creamy and the top is sweet and fruity for a pie you’ll want to make all summer long!
Whenever I want to do something special for my husband, I make this pie. He loves blueberries in any way, shape, manner or form. Add cheesecake to the mix and he’s in heaven!
This summery dessert starts with a lightly baked graham cracker crust which is topped with a light, cream cheese layer followed by a simple sweetened blueberry layer and a touch of lemon.
Let’s make it!
How to make Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie:
- Start by making the graham cracker crust. Gather the ingredients:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Granulated sugar
- Melted butter
- Combine and press into a 9-inch pie pan. A measuring cup comes in handy for this task as the crumbs will stick to your fingers and you can cover more surface area that way.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes just to set and lightly toast the crust. Set that aside to cool.
- Make the cream cheese layer. You’ll need:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered (confectioners sugar)
- Heavy cream
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl and blend that together until it’s nice and creamy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheese and powdered sugar combination.
- Carefully spread that into the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to spread the blueberry layer over the top.
- For the blueberry layer, you’ll need:
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
- Combine the water, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and stir until smooth.
- Add the blueberries and cook until they begin to pop, release some of their juices and the sugar combination is no longer white.
- Let that cool to room temperature then pour it over the cream cheese layer and gently smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to cool and to set the blueberry layer.
That’s it! Garnish the top with lemon zest if desired and serve!
Frequently asked questions:
You can make this pie one day ahead of time. This pie keeps very well in the refrigerator for several days.
Absolutely! Place the crust in a 9-inch pie pan, cover with parchment paper, fill with pie weights, dried beans or rice and bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer raw.
Sure can! This pie can be adapted for strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or a mixed berry blend.
I love being able to use the whole can, the whole package, etc. of everything because I don’t like little leftovers either. You can use the whole package, but the first layer will be denser and more like cheesecake. You may need additional sugar so taste it and see if you like it. If you only use 6 ounces, see below for a list of ways to use that little bit of cream cheese.
Ways to use leftover cream cheese:
- Stir into saucy, cheesy pasta dishes such as macaroni and cheese.
- Stir into scrambled eggs or oatmeal.
- Stuff French toast.
- Stuff two chicken breasts along ham or prosciutto for a lovely dinner for two.
- Add to mashed potatoes.
- Spread it on a flour tortilla along with some jam or jelly, roll up, cut into slices for a great kid-friendly snack.
More lovely fruit desserts!
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (scant)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- BLUEBERRY LAYER:
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (approximately 1 large lemon)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (approximately 18 ounces)
- Lemon zest, for garnish if desired
- FOR THE CRUST: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on a rack to cool.
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER: Whip the heavy cream in a bowl for 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat for 2 minutes or until smooth. Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Spread into the bottom of the cooled crust. Refrigerate.
- BLUEBERRY LAYER: In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the blueberries release some of their juices and the sugar combination is no longer white.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate 4-6 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.