Spinach Artichoke Dip with Fresh Jalapeño is a twist on a classic party favorite! It’s the perfect pairing for Mission Organics® Blue Corn Tortilla Chips!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission Organics. All opinions are entirely my own.
If you’re a regular reader of From A Chef’s Kitchen, then you know my husband and I love spicy food. My husband has already received seeds in the mail for the annual crop of jalapeño peppers he so lovingly tends.
With all that homegrown, sun-kissed spicy goodness around our house and the hard work that goes into it, we’re very particular about what we do with that garden bounty. We believe quality and flavor are important and those peppers need to be paired with something equally special like Mission Organics Blue Corn Tortilla Chips and my Spinach Artichoke Dip with Fresh Jalapeño!
It’s necessary to serve the right chip with this Spinach Artichoke Dip and Mission Organics Tortilla Chips are always our go-to! We love to serve their tortilla chips with our dip because their products are made from USDA organic certified and non-GMO project verified ingredients.
They’re made with only four simple, wholesome ingredients like sea salt and whole-kernel corn for delicious made-from-scratch corn flavor. Talk about an authentic heritage!
They’re certified gluten-free, have no artificial preservatives and no artificial colors or flavoring added. Pro tip, stock up if you’re going to serve this dip at a party; the chips go fast! They’re available in the chip aisle nationally.
While you’re at it, pick up some tortillas too! This dip is great to spread in a tortilla as the base of a wrap. Mission Organics also makes corn and flour tortillas that are made with the same great quality as their chips! Our favorite is the Mission Organics® Soft Taco Flour Tortillas. All of the varieties are USDA organic certified, non-GMO project verified and have no artificial preservatives, colors or flavorings. Serve them warm to bring out their full flavor! Mission Organics Tortillas are also available nationwide in the tortilla section at your local retailer.
Now, let me tell you about my Spinach Artichoke Dip with Fresh Jalapeño!
A spinach artichoke dip is a classic party favorite. I’ve updated it here with fresh, wholesome ingredients such as fresh spinach, fresh jalapeño, tangy Greek yogurt and reduced-fat cream cheese.
The heat level in jalapeño peppers can vary from pepper to pepper. For example, if the jalapeño plant was stressed and didn’t get much water, more capsaicin will be produced. Capsaicin is what gives the jalapeño its “zing.”
Most of the heat in any hot pepper is in the seeds and membrane. If you wish to tone down the heat, just use the flesh. If you want this dip to be hotter, include the seeds and membrane.
When working with jalapeños, you may wish to wear disposable gloves as heat from the peppers can sting on your hands for up to a day and even two days later. If you decide to tough it out and skip the gloves, be careful to not touch your eyes or any sensitive skin areas.
Whenever possible, I like to use frozen artichoke hearts instead of canned. Using fresh artichokes in this spinach artichoke dip recipe would be labor-intensive and not very budget-friendly. I’m a bit of an artichoke fanatic so I’ve tried them many ways. Frozen artichokes will taste the closest to fresh and they have no other added ingredients.
Spinach Artichoke Dip with Fresh Jalapeño is super easy to pull together and perfect for your next get-together!
How to make Spinach Artichoke Dip with Fresh Jalapeño:
- Combine yogurt and cream cheese in a food processor. Process until fluffy and fully blended.
- Add the spinach one cup or one handful at a time. With the last cup, also add the jalapeño pepper, scallion and garlic. Process until combined. (Does not need to be smooth; more texture is better.)
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chopped artichoke hearts and cheese. You could place all ingredients in a food processor, but stirring in the chopped artichoke hearts adds nice texture and crunch.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with Mission Organics Blue Corn Tortilla Chips! Your guests will love this simple and fresh party pleaser!
Check out Mission on social media at:
Spinach Artichoke Dip with Fresh Jalapeño
- 2 bags (9-ounce each) Mission Organics® Blue Corn Tortilla Chips - for serving
- 2 cups Greek yogurt - regular, reduced-fat or fat-free
- 1 package (8-ounce) reduced fat cream cheese - (Neufchatel cheese)
- 1 container (5-ounce) baby spinach
- 1 bunch scallions - white and light green part only, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper - seeded if desired, coarsely chopped
- 1 bag (12-ounce) frozen artichoke hearts - thawed, squeezed of excess moisture and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Place Greek yogurt and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Process 1-2 minutes or until fluffy and well blended.
- Add the baby spinach 1 cup (or approximately 1 large handful) at a time. Process until blended after each addition.
- On the last addition of spinach, also add the scallions, garlic and jalapeño and process until incorporated but dip still has texture.
- Transfer dip to a bowl. Stir in the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with Mission Organics Blue Corn Tortilla Chips.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.