Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcels are super elegant and will be the hit of any celebration!
Are you wracking your brain trying to come up with a creative, show-stopping delight for a special occasion? I’ve got your back with these lovely Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcels! They’ve got spring written all over them and are the perfect way to start your celebration!
These stunning little parcels begin with puff pastry sheets that I fill with a crowd-pleasing combination of chicken, baby spinach, artichokes, two types of cheese, mayonnaise and fresh chives. Baked and baby…. Your guests will love them!
How to make Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcels:
- After thawing the puff pastry per package directions, use a rolling pin to flatten slightly. If necessary, press gently with your fingers to fill in the seam.
- Cut into four even squares and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Fill with the chicken, spinach and artichoke mixture.
- Dab a small amount of egg wash on each corner of the pastry, then pull the corners up over the filling.
- Brush the Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcel with an egg wash to enhance the pastry’s already gorgeous golden color….
- Bake… and…. friends…..
We’re talking easy, fan-say and totally Pinterest-worthy!
Besides the perfect starter for any celebration, Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcels are very versatile. Serve with a cream of asparagus soup and salad of baby spring greens for a simple, elegant spring-inspired pre-Easter luncheon.
Thank you, hope you enjoy and please share this From A Chef’s Kitchen reader favorite!
For more elegant appetizer and starters, you’ll also love:
- Deviled Crab-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- Shrimp Cocktail Louis
- Shrimp Cakes with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Mayonnaise
- Balsamic Italian Sausage and Grapes over Goat Cheese Polenta
- Cheese and Artichoke Stuffed Tomatoes and Grilled Zucchini
- Roasted Artichokes with Garlic Butter
- Maryland-Style Crab Cakes
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (5-ounce) packages baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (approximately 1 pound), cooked, cooled and diced
- 1 can (15-ounce) artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed of excess moisture and chopped
- 1 container (6.5-ounce) herb and garlic cheese spread
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 large egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (17.3-ounce) packages Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (4 sheets)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw puff pastry per package directions.
- Heat oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the baby spinach and cook, 3-4 minutes or until wilted. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds more or until fragrant. Transfer baby spinach to a sieve or colander to drain. Gently press on the spinach with a wooden spoon to extract any excess moisture.
- Combine spinach, chicken, artichoke hearts, herb and garlic cheese spread, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and chives in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Combine egg and water to form an egg wash. Set aside.
- Roll out and cut each sheet into four even squares. Place even amounts of the chicken filling in the center of each puff pastry square. Dab a small amount of egg wash on each corner of the puff pastry. Pull the corners up and over the filling to form a square parcel. Dab each parcel with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden. If the pastry pulls away from the filling, gently press it back down with a spoon or spatula. Serve immediately.
Prep time does not include cooking the chicken.
Serving Size:Per parcel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.