Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream and Honey Balsamic Drizzle is crazy simple and will become your go-to summer dessert!
Who doesn’t love an easy, quick dessert for the hot summer months that will wow your guests! Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream and Honey Balsamic Drizzle is the recipe you want to have on hand! Grilled peaches. Yes, we’re talking about grilled peaches!
When it comes to summer desserts, they need to be EASY. They need to be all about summer fruit or berries.
I remember the berry and fruit pies my mother used to make during the summer.
Works. Of. Art.
Seriously, I don’t know how my mom found the time to make those amazing pies with seven kids, but she did and that’s why I’m in awe of her to this day!
This dessert is so simple, but each ingredient speaks for itself! It’s the perfect summer dessert to enjoy on the patio while the summer sun sets and the crickets start to chirp.
How to Make Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream and Honey Balsamic Drizzle
- Start with super-fresh peaches that are ripe yet still firm. You don’t want them too ripe or they’ll crush in your hand while trying to work with them.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey and set aside.
- Cut them in half starting at the stem end. Remove the pit. I like to cut around the pit with a birds-beak knife, then scoop out the pit with a teaspoon. Immediately brush with olive oil to prevent any oxidation.
- If grilling on your outdoor grill, be sure to clean it off well before grilling the peaches. You don’t want your dessert tasting like your dinner!
- Place them on a grill or grill pan that has been preheated to medium-high. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on the first side, flip, then grill another 2 to 3 minutes on the other.
- Top with a good quality vanilla ice cream….
- Drizzle with the honey – balsamic combination….
Mama! You’ve got the perfect summer dessert! A warm, lovely grilled fruit, cold ice cream and a sweet balsamic drizzle over the top. Garnish with a fresh herb sprig such as fresh thyme, mint or lemon balm. This one’s over-the-top easy and lovely! Enjoy!
Annnd…. it’s Progressive Eats time! Many thanks to Ansh of Spiceroots for hosting our virtual progressive dinner party! Here are some other amazing desserts from my friends from Progressive Eats!
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. Each recipe in our menu this month features Frozen Treats, to welcome the beautiful summer months.
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
Cocktails & Other Beverages
- Frozen Mudslide (dessert AND a drink: a twofer) from Susan – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sangria Slushies from Karen – Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cabernet Ice Cream with Chocolate Shards from Barb – Creative Culinary
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches from Coleen – The Redhead Baker
- Dulce De leche Mango Kulfi from Ansh – Spiceroots
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream and Honey Balsamic Drizzle from Carol – From a Chef’s Kitchen
- Layered Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust from Liz – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Orange Creamsicle Mousse Parfaits from Jane – The Heritage Cook
- 3 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- Olive oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- DRIZZLE: Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- PREPARE THE PEACHES: Run a sharp knife along each peach's seam to halve them. Remove the pit and immediately brush with olive oil to prevent any oxidation.
- GRILL THE PEACHES: Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place the peaches, cut side down on the grill and cook undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Flip the peaches and cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until skins are charred and peaches are tender.
- TO SERVE: Place peaches on a platter. Top with vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with the honey-balsamic combination. Alternately, place in individual serving bowls and garnish with a small sprig of thyme.
Amount Per Serving Calories 113 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 7mg Sodium 15mg Carbohydrates 20g Fiber 1g Sugar 18g Protein 1g