Sheet Pan Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Green Beans, Olives and Lemon is Mediterranean-inspired and a bright and lively way to get dinner on the table with minimal prep and clean-up.
What’s better for getting a beautiful dinner on the table than a “sheet pan supper?” Besides being perfect for feeding a family, this cooking method works just as well for a fuss-free sheet pan roast chicken dinner for two.
What’s a sheet pan dinner?
The technique is very simple: Combine proteins and vegetables together on a rimmed baking sheet, season as desired and let it bake away! Cleaning up is even easier if you first line your sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
How to make Sheet Pan Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Green Beans, Olives and Lemon:
- For this rustic yet elegant Mediterranean-inspired sheet pan roast chicken dish, a paste of lemon zest, parsley, oregano and garlic is placed underneath the skin of the bone-in chicken breasts.
- Russet potato wedges cook along with the chicken as the cooking times are similar. (Waxy potatoes such as Yukon Gold potatoes work just as well.)
- Add the green beans halfway through when the potatoes require turning.
- The kalamata olives add another pop of flavor!
Try asparagus or broccoli in this dish. The combinations of protein and vegetables that can be cooked together on a sheet pan are endless! The only thing you’ll need to keep in mind is the cooking time of each item.
For more great sheet pan suppers, be sure to try my:
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables with Garlic – Parmesan Polenta
- Sheet Pan Quesadillas with Sweet Potatoes, Poblanos and Black Beans and Chipotle Sour Cream
- Sheet Pan Thai Sweet Chili – Lime Baked Fish with Garlic Broccolini
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and black pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts with the skin
- 2 large Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ½ pound green beans (ends trimmed)
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a zester or fine grater, remove approximately 1 teaspoon zest from one of the lemons. Transfer to a small bowl. Slice one of the lemons and remove the seeds; set aside. Juice the other lemon; set aside.
- To the bowl with the zest, add the parsley, oregano, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to form a paste. Keeping the skin intact, carefully spread equal amounts of the herb paste underneath. Place chicken on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Toss the potato wedges with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and black pepper to taste. Place them around the chicken. Scatter lemon slices around the baking sheet. Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken and potatoes and drizzle chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil (or 1 tablespoon each).
- Bake for 35 minutes. Flip the potatoes. Toss the green beans with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and black pepper to taste. Scatter the green beans around the chicken and potatoes. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until chicken is 165 degrees in the center.
- Scatter the black olives over the chicken, potatoes and green beans. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 999Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 637mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 15gSugar: 10gProtein: 49g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.