Creamy Shrimp Salsa Dip is super easy, super tasty and will be the hit of your party! It has a touch of elegance and totally elevates chips and salsa to a whole new level!
With everything going on this time of year, it’s easy to forget a few things…
Like… the office Christmas party, the church potluck, the neighborhood social! Then, it suddenly dawns on you and you realize you have to bring something!
I’ve been there! This Creamy Shrimp Salsa Dip is the perfect answer for what to bring to everything!
Everyone loves chips and salsa! Chips and salsa for a quick snack or appetizer are something we always have on hand at our house. However, taking a bag of chips and a jar of salsa to a get-together is just a major DON’T. Can you spell “lack of effort” any other way?
This Creamy Shrimp Salsa Dip has a touch of elegance and totally elevates chips and salsa to a whole new level and it’s super, super easy!
How to make Creamy Shrimp Salsa Dip:
- Combine 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 to 1 cup plain yogurt, scallions, garlic and salsa in a food processor. (If the salsa you’re using is on the thinner side, start with 1/2 cup yogurt.)
- Stir in cooked shrimp.
- Add salt to taste if necessary.
- Garnish with some cooked shrimp and thinly sliced green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- And yeah, that’s pretty much it for this Creamy Shrimp Salsa Dip!
But before I let you go that easily, let’s talk about the shrimp. We had a two-pound bag of 50-60 count shrimp in the freezer for way too long. My husband purchased it for gumbo that he never got to. 50-60 somewhat tiny shrimp were in this bag that needed to be peeled AND deveined.
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’m really trying to focus on not wasting food so I went at it. It took me about an hour! Or, one minute per shrimp.
I’m ridiculously picky when it comes to shrimp. I prefer wild-caught and don’t get a vein anywhere near me!
For this dip, you don’t need to endure such punishment! Use peeled and deveined shrimp or if you’re okay with it–even small canned shrimp.
That’s it! An easy, elevated, party-worthy Creamy Shrimp Salsa Dip!
Be sure to try my other party-in-your-mouth Southwestern-inspired appetizers!
- Grilled Citrus Chili Shrimp with Mango – Pineapple Salsa
- Chili Roasted Kale Sprouts with Lime Salt
- Smokin’ Chipotle Black Bean Dip with Oil-Free Butternut Squash Chips
- Lighter and Fresher Seven-Layer Dip
Click to purchase these helpful tools and equipment to make Creamy Shrimp Salsa Dip (Affiliate Links):
- 1 jar (16-ounce) salsa
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, regular or reduced fat
- 1/2 to 1 cup plain yogurt, whole, low-fat or fat-free
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green part only, chopped, plus tops for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-10 ounces peeled, deveined and cooked shrimp, tail removed, chopped if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Combine salsa, cream cheese, yogurt, scallions and garlic in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If the salsa you're using is on the thinner side, start with 1/2 cup yogurt.
Serving Size1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 316 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 488mg Sodium 2321mg Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 0g Sugar 2g Protein 53g