This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Anolon®.
Southwestern Chicken, Orzo and Black Bean Skillet is an easy and festive stovetop dinner that’s perfect for a weeknight! Your family will ask for it again and again! Best of all, it’s made using Anolon®! I’ve got an Anolon® giveaway for you so keep reading and don’t miss out!
Hey, all! I’ve got a dish that’s super easy for a weeknight with a serious delish factor you and your whole family will love! Southwestern Chicken, Orzo and Black Bean Skillet!
As I was making this, my hubby kept looking over at it like… “When is that going to be ready?”
How’s this? It’s ready in about 45 minutes from start to finish and best of all, it’s made on the stovetop in just one skillet! Your family is going to love this dish, however, you are going to love that there’s barely any clean-up… Thanks to Anolon®!
I recently learned about Anolon® Gourmet Cookware and am very impressed!
Anolon® knows that food, cooking and eating connect us all. They introduced the first flat-surface gourmet hard anodized nonstick cookware in 1989. A quarter-century later, they’re just as committed to kitchenware that inspires personal culinary creativity and sustains those connections.
When you purchase Anolon® Gourmet Cookware, you’re getting beautiful cookware that:
- Has a thick base with slimmer walls and ultra-tough rims that provide incomparably FAST and even-heating without warping or twisting.
- Is constructed from hard-anodized aluminum which uses patented Precision Forge™ technology for the ultimate in durability.
- Is oven and dishwasher-safe to 500° F
- Is suitable for all cooking surfaces including induction
- Has a triple-layer nonstick surface which is sapphire-reinforced and metal-utensil safe for enhanced durability and luster
- Has stainless steel handles that are flush with the interior of the pan with flat rivets which make the pans even easier to clean.
- IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!
This video will tell you more! You can also get more information at ANOLON.COM.
Remember that giveaway I mentioned? FIVE people will win this beautiful collection of Anolon® Accolade cookware! The giveaway is open to U. S. residents 18 years and over THROUGH NOVEMBER 20, 2018. Winners will receive the following Anolon® Accolade cookware and kitchenware pictured below:
- Accolade nonstick 8-inch skillet
- Accolade nonstick 12-inch deep skillet with cover
- Allure nonstick 11 x 17-inch cookie sheet
- Teardrop teak cutting board
- Teak utensil
How perfect is this set for the holidays for cooking, baking or food prep? I can also see the teak cutting board as a stunning serving piece for charcuterie at your holiday party!
Here’s the info!
—OR— Click THIS LINK!
Time to talk about this super-tasty and super-easy Southwestern Chicken, Orzo and Black Bean Skillet! Your family is going to love this dish. It’s got all the flavors they love but best of all, it’s got all the ease you need to put a tasty dinner on the table!
How to make Southwestern Chicken, Orzo and Black Bean Skillet:
- Slice two chicken breast halves into thin strips.
- Season generously with salt, black pepper and your favorite taco seasoning or another Southwestern-style seasoning.
- Brown, then transfer to a plate.
- Cook some onion, red bell pepper…
- Add canned diced tomatoes with green chiles, chicken broth, the orzo, more of the taco seasoning…
- And cook away!
- Add frozen corn and drained and rinsed black beans…
- …And you’ve got one of the most satisfying, comforting meals ever!
Even with all that cheese, clean-up is going to be super-easy with Anolon®! Connect with Anolon® on social media at:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (approximately 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or another Southwestern-style seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10.75-ounce) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Season chicken strips with salt, black pepper and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning.
- Heat oil in a nonstick Anolon skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken strips in the pan and brown well on both sides. Transfer to a plate but reserve dripping in the pan. Return pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt, then reduce heat to medium. Cook the onions until softened, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper and continue cooking another 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook briefly or until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth and remaining taco seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add orzo and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15-17 minutes or until orzo is cooked through and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in corn and black beans and heat through.
- Stir in half the cheese then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 715 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 105mg Sodium 1359mg Carbohydrates 72g Fiber 8g Sugar 7g Protein 46g