Spaghetti Pie with Three Cheeses–smoked mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan–is how to turn leftover spaghetti into something amazing!
We are in love with this dish! Trying real hard not to use the word “leftover,” but heck yeah. Why not turn leftover spaghetti into another fabulous meal?
Spaghetti Pie with Three Cheeses is a great dish to have in your pocket when you’re flying by the seat of your pants like we’ve had to do the past several months with major home repairs.
One of the things I love the most about Italian food and cooking is that nothing ever goes to waste!
So here’s the deal. You and your family enjoy a wonderful homestyle Italian meal of spaghetti with a hearty meat sauce. You have some left. Hmmm. What to do, what to do with it.
You COULD do another meal of reheated spaghetti with the meat sauce.
Or, you could add eggs, some beautiful cheese like smoked mozzarella, creamy ricotta and nutty Parmesan cheese! Throw in some crushed red pepper flakes to give it some spark and friends! You have a dish worthy enough to serve to guests!
Vary the cheeses and vary the types of pasta for a great dish you can always fall back on. Add leftover vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash or eggplant.
Spaghetti Pie with Three Cheeses is zero-waste cooking for the win! It’s how to turn leftovers into something special and you may even find yourself “planning” to have leftovers! Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to try these other delicious baked pasta dishes!
- Lasagna with Pesto, Green Beans and Potatoes
- Baked Orzo with Pesto, Peas, Prosciutto and Mascarpone
- Baked Orecchiette with Cauliflower, Bacon and Taleggio
- Cheese-Stuffed Pasta Shells with Chunky Garden Marinara Sauce
- Hatch Green Chile Mac and Cheese
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- Oil or non-stick cooking spray for baking dish
- 3 cups leftover spaghetti in a red meat sauce (made with beef or sausage)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded smoked Mozzarella, divided
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil a large pie pan or other shallow baking dish that's approximately the same size.
- Combine spaghetti, eggs, garlic, half the Mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Add salt and black pepper if you think it needs it. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted and edges are browned. Let rest 5-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, cut into wedges and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 698mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.