Spaghetti Pie with Three Cheeses–smoked mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan–is how to turn leftover spaghetti into something amazing!
When 2017 rolled around, I never expected to spend the next three months doing massive home repairs with my belongings displaced and dust EVERYWHERE.
If you’re reading this for the first time, I’m just putting the finishing touches on a saga I hope to never relive. We had a major cold snap occur the first week in January. Cold snaps happen once or twice in a Southern winter but they’re generally short-lived. Well, the people who built our house didn’t bother to insulate the wall where a water pipe was located. The pipe was only about four inches from frigid weather and it froze and subsequently broke one Sunday night.
My house was a mess.
So, for the past three months, I’ve basically been flying by the seat of my pants. What got done, got done. What didn’t get done, would have to wait or get done later. Some nights meals were…. shall we say…. cobbled together. But we’re almost there and I can get back to concentrating on the things I love–like cooking in a clean kitchen again!
Spaghetti Pie with Three Cheeses is a great dish to have in your pocket when you’re flying by the seat of your pants!
Trying real hard not to use the word “leftover,” but heck yeah. Why not turn leftover spaghetti into another fabulous meal?
We are in love with this dish!
So here’s the deal. You and your family enjoy a wonderful homestyle Italian meal of spaghetti with a hearty meat sauce. You have some left. Hmmm. What to do, what to do with it.
You COULD do another meal of reheated spaghetti with the meat sauce.
Or, you could add eggs, some beautiful cheese like smoked mozzarella, creamy ricotta and nutty Parmesan cheese! Throw in some crushed red pepper flakes to give it some spark and friends! You have a dish worthy enough to serve to guests!
Spaghetti Pie with Three Cheeses! How to turn leftovers into something special and then move on with life… like we’re doing! Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to try these other delicious baked pasta dishes!
- Lasagna with Pesto, Green Beans and Potatoes
- Baked Orzo with Pesto, Peas, Prosciutto and Mascarpone
- Baked Orecchiette with Cauliflower, Bacon and Taleggio
Click to purchase these helpful tools and equipment to make Spaghetti Pie with Three Cheeses (Affiliate Links):
- Oil or non-stick cooking spray for baking dish
- 3 cups leftover spaghetti in a red meat sauce (made with beef or sausage)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded smoked Mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil a large pie pan or other shallow baking dish that's approximately the same size.
- Combine spaghetti, eggs, garlic, half the Mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Add salt and black pepper if you think it needs it. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted and edges are browned. Let rest 5-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, cut into wedges and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 514 Total Fat 25g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 202mg Sodium 698mg Carbohydrates 40g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Protein 30g