Cucumber Tomato and Red Onion Salad with Yogurt Mint Dressing and Feta Cheese is the perfect side dish for grilled meat, poultry or fish. Enjoy it on it’s own or pop it in a pita and you’ve got a great lunch!
The inspiration behind this recipe:
I spent the better part of today chopping, digging and pruning herbs that have gotten away from me because now I’m more interested in blogging than doing anything else.
It was tough chopping and pruning back what one sometimes has to pay $3 for at the market for a tiny sprig in the winter. However, I kept in mind I was doing it for their (and my) own good. If you let herbs flower and go to seed, they’re done. Keep them trimmed and you’ll have full-flavored herbalicious goodness all season long!
As I was chopping away at all the herbs, the mint especially broke my heart and I was determined to do something with it besides fuel our compost pile.
Hence, this Cucumber Tomato and Red Onion Salad with Yogurt Mint Dressing and Feta Cheese was born.
Greek tzatziki sauce with cucumber, mint and yogurt is one of my favorites for numerous uses like sandwiches and dips. Love Greek yogurt and always have it on hand, so why not add tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese and make it a salad?
Going to be making this salad A LOT this summer!
This cucumber tomato salad is the only thing grilled meats, poultry and fish needs on the side. However, it does not keep well as the cucumbers, tomatoes and yogurt begin to weep and separate after about 30 minutes. So, get things chopped, mix up the dressing and then combine just before serving.
More summery salad recipes you’re sure to love:
- Easy Fresh Tomato Salads
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower Artichoke Tabbouleh
- Middle Eastern Vegetable Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables
- Greek Vegetable Salad with Marinated Feta Cheese
- Spicy Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 1 large English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded and sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt, fat-free, low-fat or regular
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- ½ cup mint leaves, loosely packed plus more sliced leaves for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine chopped cucumber, tomatoes and red onion in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, lemon, mint, and salt and black pepper in a mini food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour over vegetables, add feta cheese and toss.
- Garnish with thinly sliced mint leaves and serve immediately.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Chop vegetables and make dressing up to an hour ahead; refrigerate. Just before serving, combine and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.