Easy Awesome Beer Turkey Meatballs are easy, comforting and take little time to prepare. The beer adds a lively flavor and a hint of butter stirred in at the end creates a luscious, velvety sauce!
I have something super fun and special to share with you! My food blogging friend, Andrea Soranidis of The Petite Cook, just came out with her first cookbook, 20-Minute Italian, Your Traditional Favorites, Faster, Easier and with a Modern Twist.
I think you’re going to love it and it goes on sale TODAY!
(Photo credit: Andrea Soranidis)
Andrea shows you how to create classic Italian dishes without spending hours simmering a sauce or slaving over a hot stove. More importantly, she shows you how to do it without sacrificing any of the amazing Italian flavors you love.
About the author:
Andrea is Italian-born and her recipes have been featured in magazines and on websites such as The Guardian, Parade, Country Living and Elle.
She was raised in Sicily and grew up in admiration of her mother’s ability to quickly put together a delicious and classic Italian meal. After Andrea became a mother, she found she could no longer spend hours and hours in the kitchen and went back to her roots–the meals of her childhood.
(Photo credit: Andrea Soranidis)
In 20-Minute Italian, Your Traditional Favorites, Faster, Easier and with a Modern Twist, Andrea shares 75 simple, delicious, healthy and traditional Italian recipes for cooks of all levels that can be done in about 20 minutes.
20-Minute Italian has elegant and authentic meals made simple that provide the means to add flavor to home cooking no matter how hectic someone’s schedule is.
- Creamy Pumpkin and Smoked Pancetta Pasta
- One-Tray Prosciutto-Wrapped Cod Fillets with Tomatoes
- 10-Minute Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- White Wine Veal Scaloppine
- Easy Spaghetti alla Carrettiera
All perfect to impress family and friends! Among these wonderful recipes is Andrea’s Easy Awesome Beer Turkey Meatballs and I’m sharing the recipe!
You’ll love this dish for a quick, weeknight dinner, easy appetizer for unexpected guests or to add to your game day gathering!
How to make Easy Awesome Beer Turkey Meatballs:
Easy Awesome Beer Turkey Meatballs are easily made on the stovetop. However, if you don’t have the time to watch the meatballs, simply form into meatballs, pop into the oven and bake! If you bake the meatballs, make the sauce on the stovetop and then pour over the meatballs.
Love, love, love the addition of leftover potatoes to the turkey meatball combination! One of the things I love about Italian cooking is nothing ever goes to waste! If you don’t have a leftover potato, Andrea advises using bread soaked in milk and torn by hand.
Meatballs are easily formed by hand. However, one little gadget I’ve found to be super-handy for making meatballs when cooking for my clients is a cookie scoop. Simply grab a handful of the meatball mixture, scoop it with the cookie scoop and drop it onto a baking sheet. Then, simply go back later and form into neat little meatballs.
Although Andrea doesn’t have the butter in the actual recipe, she suggests adding a touch of butter in the introduction to the recipe. I did that and was very glad I did! The touch of butter at the end put these Easy Awesome Beer Turkey Meatballs over the top!
We served with a little spicy mustard on the side, too! SOOO GOOD!
Friends, I think you’re really going to love adding this cookbook to your collection! Find it on AMAZON here! 20-Minute Italian by Andrea Soranidis
More great meatball recipes!
- Spiced Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Meatballs in Spicy Curry
- Moroccan Meatball and Vegetable Ragout
- Pepper Jack Stuffed Meatballs with Chipotle Sauce
- Chicken Meatballs with Roasted Red Pepper Chickpea Sauce and Zucchini Noodles
- Asian Barbecue Chicken Meatballs
- Hoisin Glazed Pork Meatballs and Rice Noodles with Cabbage and Carrots
- Chicken Meatballs Marsala with Baked Parmesan Polenta
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
The recipe is reprinted with permission from 20-Minute Italian by Andrea Soranidis and Page Street Publishing Company – 2019.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium Russet potato, steamed, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 10 1/2 ounces ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 5 ounces good-quality blond beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, potato, parsley, garlic and cayenne. Add the ground turkey and season with salt and black pepper. Mix gently but thoroughly with your hands to combine all ingredients.
- Take a small piece of the meat mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form 1-inch meatballs, about 1 full tablespoon.
- Place the flour into a shallow dish. Roll the meatball gently in the flour until lightly covered and arrange on a baking tray. Repeat the process until the meat mixture is used.
- Heat the extra-virgin oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the meatballs and leave them undisturbed until they brown on one side. Shake the pan to loosen the meatballs, then turn each one with tongs to brown the other side. Keep turning with tongs until they are completely and evenly browned.
- Pour the beer into the pan and cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to desired consistency.
- Swirl in the butter.
TIP FROM ANDREA: You can freeze these meatballs for a quick, last-minute dinner. Thaw in the fridge overnight before using them.
Because most ground turkey is sold in 1-pound packages, use a large Russet potato and 1 cup beer for a 1-pound package.
Amount Per Serving Calories 569Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 145mgSodium 964mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 28g