Lemon Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts are not just roasted, but crusted–crusted with Parmesan cheese and a spark of lemon! Brussels sprouts don’t get any better than this!
For more great Brussels sprouts recipes, be sure to check out 25 Brussels Sprouts Recipes that Rock!
We’re talking about one of my favorite subjects today…
Not just any old roasted Brussels sprouts, but Lemon Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts!
No, we’re not just roasting Brussels sprouts, we’re crusting Brussels sprouts!
What to Look For When Buying Brussels Sprouts:
- They should be vibrant green with no yellow leaves.
- The stem end should look like they were just cut from the stalk. You may need to do a little trimming, but the end should not be dry and brown.
- The heads should hold together tightly.
How to make Lemon Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts:
- After trimming and halving, give them a good rinse. The water is going to help the flour adhere.
- Combine flour with salt and black pepper.
- Zest the lemons. When zesting lemons, use a good, sharp zester or grater such as those made by Microplane. My mother used to struggle with an old dull grater and when I gave her a Microplane to zest lemons for her amazing lemon meringue pie, she said it changed her life!
- Combine lemon juice and eggs in a bowl.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and lemon zest in another.
- Toss the sprouts with the seasoned flour then transfer to the egg and lemon combination.
- Place in the Parmesan and lemon zest and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the sprouts with the remaining Parmesan cheese and bake!
Meet your new favorite Brussels sprouts recipe! True crispy, crunchy Brussels sprouts that you may even get your kids to eat. And yes, they’re great with every kid’s favorite thing to dunk veggies into–ranch dressing! If you yourself break out the ranch dressing, I won’t tell anyone!
If you love Brussels sprouts as much as I do, be sure to try my:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Green Curry Butter
- Sriracha Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Quick Pickled Brussels Sprouts with Jalapeno
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Browned Butter and Almonds
- Cream of Brussels Sprouts Soup
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts and Wild Rice Casserole
Lemon Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
Click to Rate!
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs - beaten
- 2 medium lemons - zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese - divided
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts - trimmed and halved, rinsed but not dried
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs and lemon juice in a second large bowl.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups Parmesan cheese and lemon zest in a third large bowl.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in the seasoned flour, shaking off excess, coat well with egg mixture, then toss in the Parmesan cheese/lemon zest combination.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until sprouts are tender and the cheese is golden brown and crusty. Season with additional salt and black pepper if desired.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.