Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Green Curry Butter is a flavorful and out-of-the-ordinary way to serve Brussels sprouts!
Hey, all! Merry Christmas! A month or two ago, I started a new feature here at From A Chef’s Kitchen that deals with food waste. Specifically, NOT wasting food without getting preachy or holier-than-thou because I even have a long way to go in this regard.
I end up with a lot of odds and ends in my refrigerator after cooking for my personal chef clients. Most don’t want things left behind in their refrigerator because they don’t cook or don’t want something going bad in their refrigerator.
The miser in me can’t bear to simply throw it out.
And so it went with about a tablespoon or two of Thai green curry paste left unused in the jar.
Because I purchased the green curry paste for a customer, I bought it at a supermarket with all their other groceries. The brand I really love, Maesri, (affiliate link) is only found at international markets or online.
Loving Brussels sprouts the way I do, I generally have a bag or two on hand. I typically roast them, toss with butter and enjoy. One night I wanted something a little different and the jar of Thai green curry paste caught my eye and a new way to enjoy Brussels sprouts was in the works!
How to make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Green Curry Butter:
- Trim and halve two pounds of Brussels sprouts.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with canola or vegetable oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or longer if you like them softer. I like them just charred around the edges but not too dark because they will turn bitter.
- While the sprouts are roasting, combine 1-2 tablespoons green curry paste with 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter in an oven-safe bowl.
- Pop the bowl into the oven when the sprouts are almost done so the green curry butter melts.
- Toss the sprouts with half the butter while still on the baking sheet.
- Place on a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining butter.
Enjoy! Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Green Curry Butter are slightly spicy with all the lovely fragrant spices of Thai cuisine! Best of all, they’re beautifully buttery!
Be sure to try my other amazing Brussels sprouts recipes:
- Sriracha Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Lemon Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Browned Butter and Almonds
Click to purchase these helpful tools and equipment to make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Green Curry Butter (Affiliate links):
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts with oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and charred and crispy around the edges.
- Combine the green curry paste, lime juice and butter in a small, oven-safe bowl.
- When the Brussels sprouts are almost done, place the bowl in the oven to melt the butter.
- When the Brussels sprouts are done, drizzle with half the butter and toss.
- Place on a serving platter and drizzle with remaining butter.
Amount Per Serving Calories 188 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 20mg Sodium 251mg Carbohydrates 12g Fiber 4g Sugar 3g Protein 4g