Sriracha Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a little bit spicy, a little bit sweet and a whole lot wonderful!
Have you managed to stay well this winter? I really thought I’d skate by and not get sick because I seldom get sick. I’m diligent about getting a flu shot each fall, I wipe carts with the sanitizing cloths and wash my hands frequently.
Well, I’m not so lucky this year.
I just got back from a trip to California where I attended a food blogger’s conference at Google. Google! It was a pretty big deal but we all thought it would be an even bigger deal. Google is basically a campus and our conference was in an office building on the campus so we didn’t get to see very much. Oh, well. Cool anyway.
However, going to California means being in an airplane which is why I’m under the weather now. (Making sad face.)
Because my taste buds are dull when I have a cold, I crave spicy food. And, because I’m fighting off some type of bug, I want healthy, easy food.
Meet my new favorite way to make Brussels sprouts! As you know, they are my all-time favorite vegetable and I eat them frequently. I typically roast them but this time around with this dang cold, I wanted to kick it up. This recipe is super easy and basically involves the marriage of two condiments: Sriracha hot sauce and sweet chili sauce.
You’ll need to cut the Brussels sprouts in half first. I always wear a disposable glove on my right hand because I tend to nick up my thumb otherwise and it gets tender. You could also wear a fingertip cot or wrap it in a bandage.
Then, place on a baking sheet, splash with Sriracha and roast!
When they’re done, toss them with sweet chili sauce, return to the oven for just a few more minutes and serve!
You’ve got spicy, sticky, wonderful Brussels sprouts!
Enjoy and stay well!
Be sure to check out some of my other amazing Brussels sprouts recipes!
Click to purchase these helpful tools, equipment and specialty food items to make Sriracha Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts (Affiliate Links):
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 - 3 tablespoons canola or other neutral oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread Brussels sprouts out on nonstick baking sheet or alternately, line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Drizzle oil over Brussels sprouts, toss to coat and season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle Sriracha hot sauce over Brussels sprouts and toss to coat again.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Pour sweet chili sauce over Brussels sprouts and stir. Return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes then serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 134 Total Fat 3g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 383mg Carbohydrates 25g Fiber 4g Sugar 16g Protein 4g