Sriracha Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a little bit spicy, a little bit sweet and a whole lot wonderful!
The inspiration behind this recipe:
I’m diligent about getting a flu shot each fall, I wipe carts with the sanitizing cloths and wash my hands frequently in an effort to stay well. Well, I’m not so lucky this year. I just got back from California which meant being in an airplane and why I’m under the weather now. (Making sad face.)
Because my taste buds are dull when I have a cold, I crave spicy food. And, because I’m fighting off some type of bug, I want healthy, easy food.
Meet my new favorite way to make Brussels sprouts!
If you’re a regular reader, then you know they are my all-time favorite vegetable and I eat them frequently. I typically roast them but this time around with this dang cold, I wanted to kick it up. This recipe is super easy and basically involves the marriage of two condiments: Sriracha hot sauce and sweet chili sauce.
How to make Sriracha Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- You’ll need to cut the Brussels sprouts in half first. I always wear a disposable glove on my right hand because I tend to nick up my thumb otherwise and it gets tender. You could also wear a fingertip cot or wrap it in a bandage.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Then, place on a baking sheet, splash with Sriracha and roast.
- When they’re done, toss them with sweet chili sauce, return to the oven for just a few more minutes and serve!
How easy was that? You’ve got spicy, sticky, wonderful Brussels sprouts! Sriracha Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
Enjoy and stay well!
More amazing Brussels sprouts recipes:
- Lemon Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Browned Butter and Almonds
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Green Curry Butter
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Brie and Bacon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 - 3 tablespoons canola or other neutral oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Sriracha hot sauce
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread Brussels sprouts out on nonstick baking sheet or alternately, line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Drizzle oil over Brussels sprouts, toss to coat and season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle Sriracha hot sauce over Brussels sprouts and toss to coat again.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Pour sweet chili sauce over Brussels sprouts and stir. Return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes then serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.