Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Sweet Chili – Orange Glaze is a party in your mouth! This flavorful vegetable side dish is super easy to pull together on your stovetop!
Yes, my friends, I’m here with another amazing Brussels sprouts side dish! I’m seriously hoping I live forever with all the Brussels sprouts goodness I’ve consumed in my lifetime!
Because I love me some Brussels sprouts so much, I’m always on the hunt for a new, creative Brussels sprouts recipe and I’ve definitely found it. It’s along the lines of my Sriracha Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts, however, this dish is easily done on the stovetop!
Given how popular Brussels sprouts are now, I’m more than happy to accommodate the growing database of delicious Brussels sprouts recipes that are out there! I’ve got a delicious Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Sweet Chili – Orange Glaze for you. Let’s roll!
How to make Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Sweet Chili – Orange Glaze:
- Grab yourself 2 pounds of fresh small to medium Brussels sprouts.
- Trim, halve and wash.
- Heat some oil in a large nonstick skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. I highly recommend a nonstick pan because you want to keep as much of the delicious glaze as possible. A nonstick pan will also help to keep if from burning.
- Add the halved Brussels sprouts and cook until they are beginning to brown and are developing some color.
- Add the orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until the sauce is starting to thicken and resemble a glaze.
- Partially cover and cook a little more.
- Drizzle the sweet chili sauce over the sprouts along with a hint of honey….
- Mama! A great pan-roasted Brussels sprouts side dish that’s so easy to make for a holiday dinner or any night of the year!
- Garnish with slivered almonds for some crunch.
- Add some orange slices….
Super easy and impressive! Your family and your guests are going to love Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Sweet Chili – Orange Glaze!
And, those pesky Brussels sprouts haters that are always making fun of them might just turn over a new leaf!
Helpful tools and equipment to make Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Sweet Chili – Orange Glaze (Affiliate Links):
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, small to medium, trimmed and halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, for garnish
- Orange wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the halved Brussels sprouts. Season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, shaking the pan and stirring frequently until sprouts are beginning to brown.
- Add the orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low and partially cover.
- Continue cooking another 4-5 minutes or until sprouts are becoming tender and liquid has almost evaporated, partially covering during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drizzle with sweet chili sauce and honey.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with almonds and garnish with orange wedges. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 179 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 523mg Carbohydrates 26g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 15g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 6g