Quick Pantry Mediterranean Tuna Salad is quick, easy, light, heart-healthy, low-carb, sugar-free and can be pulled together from items you probably already have in your pantry!
Nix the boring tuna salad lunch with this Quick Pantry Mediterranean Tuna Salad!
I know… I know…. You’re probably thinking… tuna salad? From a chef’s kitchen?
Yes. Sometimes people who cook for a living are so busy cooking for other people that we don’t always eat well ourselves. We need easy and healthy!
This isn’t just any tuna salad, but a Mediterranean-inspired tuna salad with lots of bold, vibrant and assertive flavors.
I’m actually not a big tuna person. Fish from a can is often just NO for me except for tuna. However, whenever I’m able to come up with a new and creative lunch to take along when I’m cooking for a client that doesn’t require heating in their microwave or oven, I’m thrilled!
I’ve consumed a lot of cold food, green salads and sandwiches over the years cooking for my clients. I simply don’t have time to sit down and enjoy lunch when I’m working because I’m usually juggling five items at once. A quick bite here and there in between prepping and stirring is pretty much it!
Tuna–even canned–is a healthful addition to your diet and the price is hard to beat. Tuna is loaded with good healthful Omega fatty acids your heart LOVES!
I used tuna packed in oil here, but feel free to use tuna packed in water. If using tuna packed in water, you may wish to add a drizzle of good olive oil otherwise, it can be dry.
Some things we always have in our pantry at home are pepperoncini, marinated artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, dried oregano and red wine vinegar.
Add a few fresh items like red onion, chopped parsley, lemon juice, serve it over fresh lettuce leaves… And baby! A delicious, mayonnaise-free, heart-healthy and very portable lunch!
Quick Pantry Mediterranean Tuna Salad! Just… YES!
Want more easy pantry-inspired salad ideas? Be sure to try my:
Click to purchase these helpful tools and equipment to make Quick Pantry Mediterranean Tuna Salad (Affiliate Links):
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 large pepperoncini from a jar (about 1/2 cup), sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced and pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts from a jar, coarsely chopped
- 1 large can (12 ounces) tuna in vegetable oil, drained and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lettuce leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Combine red onion, pepperoncini, olives and marinated artichoke hearts in a bowl.
- Add the tuna and gently toss.
- Add red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, black pepper and parsley and gently toss.
- Serve over lettuce leaves with lemon wedges.
Amount Per Serving Calories 156 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 1570mg Carbohydrates 13g Fiber 4g Sugar 5g Protein 8g