Quinoa Parmesan Crisps are an easy, tasty protein-rich snack your whole family will love! They’re also perfect with a crisp glass of wine at your next get-together!
Here’s a tasty snack or appetizer that’s super easy and so tasty! They’re the perfect way to use leftover quinoa or the perfect reason to cook more quinoa than you need.
Need to get some quinoa cooked? Here are some tips:
How to cook quinoa:
- To get 2 cups of cooked quinoa for this recipe, start with ⅔ cup uncooked quinoa.
- Although I often cook quinoa for clients, I’ve found it challenging to cook it right by following the instructions on most brands of quinoa. Typically, the instructions say to rinse to remove the bitter coating known as saponin, add it to boiling water in a 2:1 ratio, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. The result I got was usually undercooked quinoa with water remaining in the pot.
- The method I’ve found that works best is:
- Leave the cover off while it’s simmering so I can watch it.
- After about 12 to 13 minutes when much of the water has been absorbed or cooked out and the “germ” begins to appear, I take it off the heat, cover it and let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Quinoa is cooked when the germ has been fully released and it’s fluffy and tender.
- When I cook quinoa, I like to make a big batch and then freeze it in small bags so I always have it ready to go for recipes like this.
How to make Quinoa Parmesan Crisps:
- Start with two cups of cooked quinoa.
- Add two cups of grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper for a little kick!
- Drop the quinoa and parmesan combination by heaping tablespoons onto a silicone baking sheet liner such as a Silpat (or parchment paper) then press down and form into flat disks approximately 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Once formed, bake until the edges are golden brown and they hold together.
How easy is that? This recipe makes approximately 26-32 crisps.
More quinoa recipes you’ll love:
- Greek Quinoa Cakes with Tzatziki
- Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Quinoa Casserole
- Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables
- Spinach and Feta Quiche with Quinoa Crust
- Quinoa and Kale Salad with Red Grapes, Walnuts and Lemon – Honey Dressing
- Quinoa, Feta and Pistachio-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cooked quinoa, parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the mixture on a silicone or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press the mixture down and form into large, flat circles 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and they hold together.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
Quinoa Parmesan Crisps can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
Serving Size:1 crisp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.