Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables is a twist on traditional tabbouleh that has summer written all over it! Made gluten-free by using quinoa instead of bulgur, grilled zucchini, yellow squash and red bell peppers are the perfect addition to this light, lemony Middle Eastern-inspired salad!
Hey, All! I’m continuing the summer salad extravaganza with one of my all-time favorites! Tabbouleh!
You might also see it referred to as “tabouli.” No matter what, I think it’s the quintessential summer salad! A big bowl of this salad at your summer get-together will make the vegetarian or vegan guest very happy!
My version has all the traditional bright flavor of the sunny Mediterranean with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mint and parsley.
Yellow squash, zucchini and peppers are abundant this time of year and they make the perfect addition to tabbouleh! Best of all, if you’re grilling vegetables and have some left over, this salad is the perfect way to use them up.
How to make Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables:
Tabbouleh is super-simple!
- If you don’t already have cooked quinoa on hand, you’ll need to do that first. Simply follow the package directions and let it cool completely. Whenever I make quinoa, I like to make extra and then store it in the freezer in quart-size zipper-top bags. It’s SO nice when you come across a quinoa recipe you want to make, not to have to make it all over again!
- Then, you’ll need to grill the veggies. This is easily done on a grill pan indoors if you don’t want to heat up your outdoor grill for a few veggies.
- Then, just start chopping the veggies and combine everything together.
Lovely, summery and so easy!
For more super summer salads, try my:
- Creamy Cucumber Salad with Yogurt
- Easy Fresh Tomato Salad
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower Artichoke Tabbouleh
- Middle Eastern Vegetable Salad
- Cucumber, Red Onion and Feta Cheese Salad
- Caprese Pizza Pasta Salad
- Tuscan Cherry Tomato and White Bean Salad
- Greek Vegetable Salad with Marinated Feta Cheese
Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables
- 1 medium yellow squash - halved lengthwise
- 1 medium zucchini - halved lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper - quartered with seeds and membranes removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil PLUS ¼ cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 3 ½ to 4 cups cooked quinoa - cooled and chilled
- 1 bunch scallions - finely chopped
- 3 large plum tomatoes - seeded and chopped
- ¾ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 small bunch parsley - finely chopped (approximately ¾ cup), plus more for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 large lemons - juiced plus lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Toss yellow squash, zucchini and red bell pepper with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and black pepper. Grill the vegetables for 3-4 minutes per side or until nicely marked and just tender. Let cool.
- When vegetables have cooled, slice the yellow squash and zucchini lengthwise and cut into ½-inch to ¾-inch cubes. Cut the red bell pepper into approximately the same size squares.
- Combine grilled vegetables, quinoa, scallions, tomatoes, mint, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and remaining olive oil in a large bowl. Serve immediately garnished with chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.