Easy Fresh Tomato Salad is the tomato salad you want to make this summer and every summer from now on. Fresh summer tomatoes take center stage with a supporting cast of a delicious vinaigrette dressing, finely chopped red onion, capers for a salty, briny kick and lots of fresh basil!
Is there anything better than a backyard summer tomato? I’m thinking really hard about that question right now and am failing to come up with anything.
Tomato lovers like me wait all-year-round for this very limited season!
Oh sure, you can buy tomatoes any time of year and even in the off-season, I’m still hunting for that fresh tomato flavor. However, the best ones are right here, right now–either from your own backyard, a friend’s bounty or the farmer’s market.
Because the fresh–really fresh–tomato season is so limited, why hide the amazing flavor?
So, let’s just get right down to how to make this Easy Fresh Tomato Salad! It’s so easy and is perfectly paired with all your other summer fare: Grilled meat, poultry, fish, seafood and vegetables.
How to make Easy Fresh Tomato Salad:
- Start with super fresh, backyard or farmer’s market tomatoes!
- Give them a good wash because, of course, they came from your backyard or the farmer’s market.
- Slice ’em up and place them on a platter.
- Whisk together the easy dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, a pinch of sugar and black pepper….
- Pour the dressing over the tomatoes…
- Sprinkle on a little red onion and capers…
- Some fresh basil….
Mama! You’ve got the best ever Easy Fresh Tomato Salad to pair with anything! An easy vinaigrette, pure and simple sliced, fresh tomatoes, red onions, capers and fresh basil for pure simple, summer enjoyment!
Helpful tools and equipment to make Easy Fresh Tomato Salad (Affiliate Links):
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-5 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 4 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only, torn with some left intact for garnish
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar, salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place tomatoes on serving platter.
- Top with red onion and capers.
- Drizzle dressing over tomatoes.
- Garnish with torn basil and whole basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 133 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 471mg Carbohydrates 6g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g