Yogurt Ranch Cucumber Salad is sure to become your new favorite cucumber salad! You’ll love serving this twist on a classic until the end of this summer and look forward to serving it again next summer!
There’s still so much summer left! Even though it’s still ridiculously hot here and getting even hotter next week, summer really is starting to slip away.
If you’re not ready for fleece and sweatshirts yet, let’s enjoy every moment of summer. Ya with me? Good!
The inspiration behind this recipe:
We still had a few more good cucumbers from our garden so I made this wonderful Yogurt Ranch Cucumber Salad that is definitely going to be another favorite of ours next summer! It’s a twist on the classic sour cream-based cucumber salad of Eastern Europe but it’s made healthier with Greek yogurt!
We love cucumbers dipped in ranch dressing as a snack but I wanted to do something more sophisticated with the last of our cucumbers. I created this Greek yogurt-based dressing with only a touch of ranch dressing, fresh dill and a splash of white wine vinegar. Good choice on my part!
How to make Yogurt Ranch Cucumber Salad:
Cucumbers contain a crazy amount of water so for this salad, it’s best to salt and drain them so that water doesn’t dilute the dressing too much.
- First, peel the cucumbers so that a small amount of the peel remains. I’m not crazy about all the peel remaining on cucumbers because the peel can be a bit chewy.
- Instead of leaving it on completely or taking it off completely, I like to semi-peel the cucumbers–leaving a small amount for added crunch and color.
- Place the cucumbers in a colander, salt generously and let them drain for at least 30 minutes.
- While the cucumbers are draining, combine the dressing ingredients: Greek yogurt, ranch dressing, scallions, fresh dill, white wine vinegar, black pepper and if desired, more salt.
- Pat the cucumbers dry with paper towels. They don’t need to be completely dry, just get most of the excess water off.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and toss to coat.
- Place in a serving bowl, and garnish with more fresh dill.
- Mwaaahhhh, baby!
- Baked Catfish Pecan Meuniere
- Shrimp Burgers with Jalapeno Remoulade
- Maryland-Style Crab Cakes
- Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Peach Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- Red Beans and Rice with Chorizo and Bell Pepper Saute
- Nashville Style Hot Fried Chicken
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Chicken Sliders
More great summery salads!
- Easy Fresh Tomato Salads
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower Artichoke Tabbouleh
- Middle Eastern Vegetable Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables
- Greek Vegetable Salad with Marinated Feta Cheese
- Spicy Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- 20 Super Side Salads for Your Summer Soiree!
Helpful Tools and Equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 5 medium Persian cucumbers or 2-3 English cucumbers (approximately 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green part only
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel the cucumbers leaving strips of peel (for color).
- Place in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Stir so that all the cucumbers are in contact with the salt.
- Let drain in the sink or over a bowl for at least 30 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels (not necessary to be completely dry; just remove excess water). Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add chopped scallions.
- Combine dill, yogurt, ranch dressing, white wine vinegar and black pepper in small bowl.
- Pour over the cucumbers and stir well. Add salt if absolutely necessary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 1882mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 8g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.