Roasted Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Walnut Lemon Gremolata is a beautiful and tasty way to showcase this springtime jewel!
It’s asparagus time! I was grocery shopping for a client and saw that Kroger had asparagus for 99¢ per pound. I practically screamed!
99¢ per pound! With asparagus available at that price, spring had officially sprung in my world!
Even though we have a small asparagus patch, we have to collect what it produces for a week before enjoying enough for a meal. So I just HAD to buy…. oh, two bunches!
I LOVE roasted asparagus. Simply roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper is a side dish that’s tough to beat.
I give you… Roasted Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Walnut Lemon Gremolata!
How to make Roasted Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Walnut Lemon Gremolata:
- Before doing anything with asparagus, you will need to determine where the tough bottom stem and the tender top stem meet.
- To do that, take one spear and gently bend the bottom half. The spear will break off in that spot.
- Then, line up all the asparagus in the bunch and cut it to that length. Here’s more information from Real Simple on trimming asparagus.
- While the asparagus roasts, mix up the gremolata. A gremolata is an Italian condiment that consists mainly of lemon zest, parsley and garlic. I added the crunch and flavor of walnuts and mwaaaahhhh!
- Asparagus loves goat cheese! After removing the asparagus from the oven, I gave it a quick drizzle of lemon juice, then sprinkled it with goat cheese and returned it to the oven briefly just to warm the goat cheese.
- After plating, top with the gremolata.
Hello spring and hope you enjoy!
Love asparagus? Be sure to try these other beautiful asparagus recipes!
- Arugula, Egg and Asparagus Salad with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
- Cream of Asparagus and Leek Soup with Curry
- Asparagus Cordon Bleu
- Asparagus, Spring Onion and Fontina Tart
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 1 large bunch (1+ pound) asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or to desired doneness. (If your asparagus is thick, it may take longer or require a higher temperature.)
While asparagus is roasting, combine walnuts, parsley, lemon zest, garlic and salt and black pepper to taste in a small bowl.
When asparagus is ready, immediately drizzle with lemon juice and top with goat cheese. Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes for the goat cheese to warm.
Transfer to a serving platter and top with Walnut Lemon Gremolata. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.