Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Honey Balsamic Dressing is a classic, elegant salad perfect for any occasion!
I’ve got a super simple, classic salad for you that’s perfect for any occasion! Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Honey Balsamic Dressing is perfect for the holidays or any time you’re entertaining!
The recipe for the honey balsamic dressing makes more than you’ll need for this salad. However, this dressing is our go-to salad dressing and we always have some in our refrigerator. It’s sooo good!
Best of all, if you don’t want to go through the trouble of roasting the beets, cooked beets are now readily available in the produce department. Yay for when you need to pull together something beautiful like this roasted beet salad but are short on time.
How to make Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Honey Balsamic Dressing:
- Trim the tops from the beets and scrub them well. (Save those tops for a salad or a quick saute!)
- Place in a roasting pan and drizzle with some water.
- Cover with foil and roast for at least 45 minutes to an hour. Depending upon their size, they may take longer. Try to use small to medium-sized beets for this recipe.
- Let cool, peel and slice.
- While the beets are roasting, whisk together the honey balsamic dressing.
- Combine the beets and red onion with some of the dressing and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes then top fresh baby greens with the marinated beets and onion.
- Top the roasted beet salad with walnuts (toasted if desired) and crumbled goat cheese and you’re good to go!
That’s it! Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Honey Balsamic Dressing is super elegant and perfect for your next dinner party or holiday dinner!
For more delicious beet recipes, be sure to try my:
- Shredded Kale Sprout and Baby Beet Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
- Roasted Hasselback Beets with Dill Dressing
Click to purchase these helpful tools and equipment to make Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Honey Balsamic Dressing (Affiliate links):
- 3 bunches of small to medium beets, tops trimmed and scrubbed -OR- 3 small packages cooked beets, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced vertically
- Baby salad greens such as spinach, mixed greens or arugula
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- HONEY BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- SALAD: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub the outside of each beet with some of the olive oil then place beets in roasting pan. Pour 1 cup of water into roasting pan. Cover with foil. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until beets can be easily pierced with a knife. Let cool, peel and slice.
- In a bowl, combine sliced, cooled beets and red onion. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the dressing and toss to coat. (Reserve remaining dressing for another purpose.) Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes so the beets absorb some of the dressing and the onions soften up slightly.
- Place greens on a platter.
- Top with beet/onion combination, then sprinkle walnuts and goat cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
- HONEY-BALSAMIC DRESSING: While the beets are roasting, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Refrigerate until needed.
Amount Per Serving Calories 304 Total Fat 28g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 22g Cholesterol 7mg Sodium 198mg Carbohydrates 11g Fiber 2g Sugar 8g Protein 5g