Sweet Corn Risotto with Seared Sea Scallops and Basil Salsa Verde is a beautiful, delicious, summery date night dinner for two! Scroll down to find out how you can win a set of beautiful Rachael Ray Create Delicious Cookware!
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Rachael Ray Create Delicious Cookware.
Hey, friends! Sharing something very special today! I’ve got a great dish you’re going to love–Sweet Corn Risotto with Seared Sea Scallops and Basil Salsa Verde–a restaurant-worthy dish created with beautiful Create Delicious cookware by the one and only Rachael Ray!
Rachael’s cooking segments at a local television station led to her first Food Network show in 2001, 30-Minute Meals. Rachael shared time-saving cooking techniques in a fun, easy, entertaining way which led to numerous other successes including more cooking shows, her magazine Every Day with Rachael Ray, and in 2006, an award-winning talk show.
Rachael parlays her love of fun, easy cooking and entertaining into the perfect kitchenware solutions for everyone!
In true Rachael Ray fashion, the pieces in the Create Delicious hard-anodized cookware set look amazing from stovetop to tabletop!
Besides beautiful, the 13-piece Rachael Ray Create Delicious cookware set…
- Features enhanced PlatinumShield™ Technology, a super tough nonstick surface reinforced to be 9x’s harder than titanium that provides easy release for even the stickiest recipes
- Has flared rims for easy pouring
- Is oven-safe to 400 degrees
- Has silicone handles
- Is 2x harder than stainless steel
- Is suitable for induction cooktops
The Rachael Ray 13-piece Create Delicious set includes:
- 1.5-quart covered saucepan
- 3-quart covered saucier
- 6-quart covered stockpot
- 3-quart covered saute pan
- 8.5-inch deep skillet
- 10.25-inch covered deep skillet
- 9 x 13-inch cookie pan
- Medium spatula
- EVOO Bottle
- For the perfect pour! Rachael Ray’s EVOO Bottle is beautifully designed to dispense any type of oil and look great in any kitchen! No more running to the pantry for the bottle of oil!
- Lazy Tool Sets
- Clever notches on the handles of the Rachael Ray Lazy Tool Set allow them to rest on pan rims so food dripping stay in the pan and not on your stove or counter.
- Garbage Bowls
- The Rachael Ray Garbage Bowl makes disposing of food scraps easy and convenient. Fewer trips to the trash or compost bin makes food prep more efficient. This convenient bowl also has a non-skid base for even easier food prep!
Now let’s get cooking and create some deliciousness with Sweet Corn Risotto with Seared Sea Scallops and Basil Salsa Verde!!
How to make Sweet Corn Risotto with Seared Sea Scallops and Basil Salsa Verde:
- First, make the Salsa Verde. This part of the dish can be combined, whipped together and then set aside while you prepare everything else.
- Simply combine everything in a food processor or blender and process until smooth!
Then, move onto the risotto:
- Start with summer sweet corn!
- Bring some salted water to a boil.
- Drop the corn into the salted boiling water and cook until it turns a beautiful bright yellow!
- Cook onions until tender, add garlic, then the Arborio rice. Arborio rice is a high-starch, short-grain rice that’s perfect for risotto.
- Saute the rice until it turns translucent or brighter white.
- Then add heated chicken broth and stir often while the risotto cooks.
- Scrape the corn kernels from the cob and add to the risotto.
- A little cream, some cheese…
- And wow!
- Season and sear the sea scallops in a small amount of oil. Searing sea scallops only takes minutes so you want to do this step last.
- Top the risotto with the sea scallops and the salsa verde… and…
…A lovely, elegant, summery dish perfect for a date-night dinner for two!
Don’t forget y’all!
- Be sure to register for the giveaway!
- Visit PotsandPans.com for everything in cookware!
- And check out PotsandPans.com on Instagram at PotsandPans.com
- BASIL SALSA VERDE
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 ears of fresh corn
- 2-3 cups chicken broth (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 sea scallops
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- BASIL SALSA VERDE: Combine parsley, basil, garlic, anchovy paste and capers in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until ingredients are coarsely chopped and combined.
- Add olive oil, salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Process until smooth and sauce consistency. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- RISOTTO: Fill the Create Delicious 6-Quart Stockpot approximately half full with water and generously salt. Bring to a boil.
- Carefully drop the ears of corn into the water and cook 1-2 minutes or until bright yellow in color. Using tongs, transfer to a colander and cool under cold running tap water.
- Scrape the corn kernels into a bowl, removing any excess silk from the corn. Set aside.
- Place chicken broth in the Create Delicious 1.5-Quart Saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Using the Create Delicious 3-Quart Saute Pan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 6-7 minutes or until onion is softened. Add the garlic and cook 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the Arborio rice and cook 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring until evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth in stages, about a full soup ladle at a time and continuing to stir until the rice is creamy and has reached the al dente stage, about 18 to 20 minutes. (You may not need all the broth.)
- Add corn kernels and heat through.
- Stir in the cream and cheese.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.
- SCALLOPS: Heat olive oil in the Create Delicious 10.25-Inch Deep Skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season scallops with salt and black pepper.
- Place scallops in the skillet and cook 2 minutes on the first side. Flip the scallops and cook 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- TO SERVE: Serve risotto in bowls with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Top with scallops and spoon some of the salsa verde over the scallops.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1606Total Fat: 113gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 75gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 5623mgCarbohydrates: 111gFiber: 7gSugar: 30gProtein: 40g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.