Chipotle Chicken and White Bean Chili packs a lot of flavor for not a lot of labor! Take a pot of this to a football get-together and it will be the hit of the party!
Hello, holiday crazy! Goodbye, mealtime stress with my Chipotle Chicken and White Bean Chili!
Here’s my super-fast recipe for Chipotle Chicken and White Bean Chili for a quick and hearty wintertime meal that won’t stress you out. It’s perfect for a weeknight or for when you’re too busy to cook but you want something hearty and comforting. It’s crazy full of flavor without a lot of labor!
Take a pot of this to a football get-together and it will be the hit of the party!
If you’re feeling industrious, you can make your own green enchilada sauce. But, we’re talking easy here so just use a good quality brand. If you want to make your own, here’s a recipe from Chili Pepper Madness.
However, we’re talking about quick and easy, right? I usually have the best luck with premade ingredients such as green enchilada sauce when I get them at a local international or Hispanic market versus the local grocery store.
Also, ain’t nothing wrong with using canned beans if the beans are not the focal point of the dish and there are lots of other textures going on. Just be sure to rinse them well as they can be a bit on the salty side. You also don’t want the liquid they’re packed in diluting these rocking flavors!
Instead of chicken, feel free to use that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving you have stored in the freezer. (You DID store it in the freezer, I hope!)
Add all the best chili fixings! Sour cream, chopped scallion, cilantro and avocado or anything else your heart desires!
Ta-daa! Dinner is done and so very good!
Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup with Ham
Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup with Ham is the perfect way to make black bean soup. My tips are guaranteed to get you tender beans every time!
Slow Cooker Cajun 15-Bean Soup with Andouille, Ham and Bacon and the Raise Gift Card Marketplace App
Slow Cooker Cajun 15-Bean Soup with Andouille, Ham and Bacon is hearty comfort food that’s easy and perfect for a winter night!
Slow Cooker Chipotle Split Pea Soup with Ham
Slow Cooker Chipotle Split Pea Soup with Ham is the easiest soup ever! Perfect for when you need something hearty but want something healthy, too!
Spicy Kale Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup with Bacon
Spicy Kale, Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup with Bacon hits all the flavor notes for a tasty and healthful fall dinner! Perfect for when you need some soup goodness!
Helpful Tools and Equipment to make Chipotle Chicken and White Bean Chili (Affiliate Links):
- 1-2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 can (15-ounce) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper or Poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, preferably Mexican
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 can (28-ounce) green enchilada sauce
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into several large pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (15-ounce) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream and chopped scallion, for serving
- Combine the chipotle pepper(s) and chicken broth in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, green or Poblano pepper and jalapenos, reduce heat to medium and cook 8-10 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, cumin, oregano and bay leaf and cook 30 seconds.
- Add green enchilada sauce, chicken broth/chipotle combination and chicken.
- Bring to a boil and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cool slightly.
- Shred the chicken, add it back to the chili along with beans. Bring back to a simmer to heat through. Discard bay leaf and stir in cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream and scallions.
MAKE AHEAD: Make up to 2 days ahead. Cool thoroughly and refrigerate. Reheat on the stovetop 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
FREEZER-FRIENDLY: Cool thoroughly. Freeze up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator or slowly in the microwave.
Amount Per Serving Calories 245 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 36mg Sodium 531mg Carbohydrates 28g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 11g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 19g