Thai Yellow Curry with Crispy Tofu and Vegetables made with Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce is perfect for when you want an easy and delicious meatless meal! Browning the tofu adds a crispy exterior that even tofu cynics will love!
This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mycurrycuisine #BlueElephantRestaurant
Now that life is returning to normal in many areas, are you looking back and cherishing the time you were able to spend with your loved ones which didn’t involve so much rushing around?
You can still enjoy that slow-paced togetherness even if you’re back to being in a hurry… with curry! Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce to be exact!
What is Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce?
The first Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine restaurant was founded by Chef Nooror Somany Steppe and her husband in 1980. There are locations in Thailand and in Europe but you can enjoy their amazing restaurant-quality taste in your home. That’s 40 years of experience now being sold in 40 countries!
Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce is Chef Nooror’s original, authentic recipe. This mild and creamy curry sauce is made in Thailand with 100% Thai ingredients like coconut milk, yellow curry paste, onion, shallot, garlic, tamarind paste, fish sauce, ginger and coriander (cilantro). In addition, it’s:
- Has no preservatives
- No coloring
- No MSG
Not sure where to find Blue Elephant products? They’re available at The Fresh Market, Stop & Shop, World Market, Giant Eagle Market District, Gelson’s, Harmon’s and select Walmart, Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel Osco and Giant Foods. Also available online at Kroger and Amazon.
Now let’s make this delicious curry!
How to make Thai Yellow Curry with Crispy Tofu and Vegetables:
Thai Yellow Curry with Crispy Tofu and Vegetables is the perfect meal for meat-eaters and flexitarians who enjoy meatless meals on occasion. (Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce is not vegan; it contains fish sauce.)
Tofu is an inexpensive, readily available source of protein that keeps in your refrigerator for well over a month. Perfect if you’re still only doing limited grocery store runs!
Admittedly, tofu gets a bad rap because, by itself, it’s rather bland. However, that quality actually makes it a culinary blank canvas, much like a plain, unseasoned chicken breast or fish filet.
Browning the tofu adds delightful crispiness! I can even get my husband to eat tofu when I brown it first!
- First, you’ll need to drain the tofu as it’s packed in water. Start by cutting the block of tofu into four “planks.”
- Place the planks on a double layer of paper toweling. Place another layer of paper towels over the tofu then place a baking sheet on top.
- Place a heavy object such as a large cookbook or cast iron skillet on the top baking sheet. (You don’t want too much weight on the tofu as it will crush the tofu.)
- Let the tofu drain for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into approximately 1/2-inch cubes and gather up the remaining ingredients:
- Red bell pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
- Julienned carrots
- Brown the tofu in a little oil until browned and crispy. Transfer to a plate.
- Give the veggies a quick stir-fry…
- Add the Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce, the tofu and the spinach.
- Simmer until the tofu is heated through and the spinach is wilted.
That’s it! All you need is your protein and your veggies! All of the traditional Thai ingredients such as coconut milk, ginger, garlic, coriander (cilantro) and fish sauce are already in the delicious Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce!
Serve with jasmine rice…
…and garnish with fresh Thai basil!
Follow Blue Elephant on social media at:
Thai Yellow Curry with Crispy Tofu and Vegetables
Click to Rate!
- 1 container (14-ounce) firm or extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper - sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper - sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 1 bunch scallions - white and light green part only, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 bag (5-ounce) baby spinach
- 1 package (10.6-ounce) Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce
- 1/2 cup water - per package directions
- Jasmine rice - for serving
- Thai basil leaves - for garnish
- Cut the block of tofu into four planks. Place the planks on a double layer of paper toweling.
- Place another layer of paper towels over the tofu then place a baking sheet on top.
- Place a moderately heavy object such as a large cookbook or cast iron skillet on the top baking sheet. Let the tofu drain for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into approximately 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu cubes and brown well on all sides. Transfer to a plate or one of the baking sheets you used.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add the red bell pepper and jalapeno and cook 2-3 minutes or until peppers begin to soften.
- Add the carrots and scallion and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce along with 1/2 cup water (per package directions) to the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat. Add the tofu cubes back in along with the baby spinach to the skillet.
- Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until tofu is heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with fresh Thai basil.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.