Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes is spicy and delicious with a side of healthy! It’s the perfect, satisfying veggie-packed meal!
The inspiration behind this dish:
I actually had other plans for this head of cauliflower.
Then, it got to be Saturday night. I realized there were a bunch of vegetables in the refrigerator–including the cauliflower–that needed to be dealt with before the week began again.
Has that ever happened to you? You buy a bunch of things that look so beautiful and so fresh and then gasp… You have to do something with them or else!
Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes is what to make when you have too many vegetables!
This lovely vegan Thai-inspired dish has:
- Red bell pepper
But of course, use whatever vegetables you have that need to be used!
This may be controversial when it comes to someone who cooks for a living, but I no longer make my own red curry paste. I discovered Maesri (affiliate link) at a local international food market and I don’t see a reason to make my own anymore! It’s also vegan!
I don’t care for average grocery store red curry pastes because I find them wimpy. However, Maesri is the perfect substitute! It’s spicy, full of authentic flavor and inexpensive! Either make your own or use Maesri!
How to make Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes:
- This dish is super-easy! Saute the onions, red bell pepper and potatoes.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, the spices and bring to a boil.
- …The cauliflower and simmer away!
- Then add the remaining vegetables…..
- And mmmwaaaahhhh!
Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes is a spicy, healthful, delicious vegan dinner you won’t feel guilty about!
Serve with brown or white jasmine rice. Delish!
Be sure to check out my other veggie-packed Thai-inspired meals…
Along with these vegan meals:
- Vegan Indian Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- Skillet Chickpea Chilaquiles
- Healthier Turkish Eggplant Casserole
- Vegan Korean Tofu Lettuce Wraps with Tahini Gochujang Sauce and Spicy Slaw
- Indian Root Vegetable Curry
- Cauliflower Red Lentil and Potato Curry
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate links):
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 3 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, thinly sliced
- 8 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15-ounce) coconut milk
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (4-ounce) red curry paste (or to taste and tolerance)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots or 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 container (5-ounce) baby spinach
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Salt or vegan "fish" sauce, to taste
- Thai basil leaves, for garnish
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Heat canola or coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or saute pan. Add the onion and cook 5-8 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Add the red bell pepper and potatoes and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, red curry paste, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Add the carrots. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add lime juice and salt or vegan "fish" sauce to taste.
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil leaves.
- Serve with cooked jasmine rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 9gSugar: 8gProtein: 13g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.