Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes is spicy and delicious with a side of healthy! It’s the perfect, satisfying veggie-packed meal!
I actually had other plans for this head of cauliflower.
Then, it got to be Saturday night. I realized there were a bunch of vegetables in the refrigerator–including the cauliflower–that needed to be dealt with before the week began again.
Has that ever happened to you? You buy a bunch of things that look so beautiful and so fresh and then gasp… You have to do something with them or else!
Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes is what to make when you have too many vegetables!
This lovely dish has:
- Red bell pepper
But of course, use whatever vegetables you have that need to be used!
This may be controversial when it comes to someone who cooks for a living, but I no longer make my own red curry paste. I discovered Maesri (affiliate link) at a local international food market and I don’t see a reason to make my own anymore!
I don’t care for average grocery store red curry pastes because I find them wimpy. However, Maesri is the perfect substitute! It’s spicy, full of authentic flavor and inexpensive!
How to make Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes:
- This dish is super-easy! Saute the onions, red bell pepper and potatoes.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, the spices and bring to a boil.
- …The cauliflower and simmer away!
- Then add the remaining vegetables…..
- And mmmwaaaahhhh!
Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes is a spicy, healthful, delicious vegan dinner you won’t feel guilty about!
Serve with brown or white jasmine rice. Delish!
Be sure to check out my other veggie-packed Thai-inspired meals!
Click to purchase these helpful tools and equipment to make this Vegan Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower and Potatoes (affiliate links):
- 3 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, thinly sliced
- 8 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15-ounce) coconut milk
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (or to taste and tolerance)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots or 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 container (5-ounce) baby spinach
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Thai basil leaves, for garnish
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Heat canola or coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or saute pan. Add the onion and cook 5-8 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Add the red bell pepper and potatoes and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, red curry paste, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Add the carrots. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add lime juice.
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil leaves.
- Serve with cooked jasmine rice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 654 Total Fat 36g Saturated Fat 31g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 448mg Carbohydrates 78g Fiber 8g Sugar 8g Protein 12g