Curry Roasted Carrots with Honey Browned Butter is an easy side dish that's sure to add some color and flavor to your life!
Here's to color!
Remember when carrots were just orange? Now you can find bunches of these beauties in lovely pale cream to almost golden, purple and bright, tomatoey red.
Loving them all!
Add a browned butter infused with honey to curry roasted carrots and.... baby!
What is browned butter?
Browned butter is simply butter that is cooked beyond the melting stage until it browns.
How to make browned butter:
- Start with unsalted butter.
- Place in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it cook a bit.
- It may appear nothing is happening at first, however, water in the butter is being cooked off.
- The butter will begin to change color to a light golden brown and you'll begin to see browned bits forming at the bottom of the pan. (These are milk solids which ultimately you don't want to keep.)
- Let the butter settle down a little bit so those browned bits fall to the bottom.
- After a minute or two, carefully drain the butter into a small bowl, leaving the milk solids behind. Whisk in the honey and drizzle it over the curry roasted carrots and....
Mwwaaaahhh!!! Flavor! Color!
For more easy and delicious roasted vegetable side dishes, be sure to try my:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Thai Green Curry Butter
- Roasted Green Beans with Tomato - Caper Relish
- Roasted Cauliflower with Mustard Caper Brown Butter
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Roasted Cauliflower with Black Olive Pangrattato
- Roasted Hasselback Beets with Dill Dressing
- Everything Bagel Spice Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Curry Roasted Carrots with Honey Browned Butter
- 3 bunches baby carrots - one each yellow, orange and purple
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder - hot or mild
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove tops from carrots and reserve for another purpose if desired. Toss with olive oil, curry powder and salt and black pepper to taste. Spread out onto a baking sheet and roast 15-20 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, make the honey browned butter.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. When it starts to simmer and bubble, reduce heat and cook until it begins to brown and the milk solids start to stick to the pan--approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Let the butter settle down a bit so any browned bits fall to the bottom.
- Carefully drain browned butter off into a small bowl. Whisk in honey and season with salt if desired.
- Transfer carrots to a serving dish. Drizzle butter over carrots and serve immediately.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.
Katie Crenshaw says
Carol, this dish is beautiful. You are making me want to go and eat carrots!!!! The butter, honey, and curry sauce sounds divine.