Indian-Style Beef Kabobs with Cilantro – Coconut Sauce are a delicious and exotic way to shake up your grilling routine. Best of all, they’re easy enough for a weeknight!
My husband is a good cook in is own right. We have learned over the years that because we each have our “ways,” cooking together does not exactly nurture marital harmony.
We both love bold, spicy flavor so this dish of Indian-Spiced Beef Kabobs with Cilantro – Coconut Sauce is always a hit with us and also because it has both indoor and outdoor cooking components.
What is a kabob?
Kabob cookery is centuries old and enjoyed the world over. They’re fun, festive and can be assembled well ahead of grilling. Any protein, vegetable or fruit that can be threaded onto a skewer will work.
How to make Indian-Style Beef Kabobs with Cilantro – Coconut Sauce:
- Start with good beef. Use ribeye, sirloin or even tenderloin!
- Cut into good-sized cubes.
- Here’s a pro kabob tip! Arrange all your kabob ingredients on a baking sheet or cutting board before threading onto skewers. That way you know each skewer will have equal ingredients but most of all, each guest will have equal amounts.
- Mix up the Cilantro – Coconut Sauce which is ridiculously super simple!
- Simply combine everything in a food processor or blender to process until smooth!
- Combine the Cilantro – Coconut Sauce with a few other ingredients such as oil, lime juice and curry powder and brush some over the kabobs.
- Then send your hubby, significant other, loved one, etc. outside to do the grilling! You can then relax with a glass of wine!
Ta-daaah! Indian-Style Beef Kabobs with Cilantro – Coconut Sauce are super simple and tastes so amazing! Perfect for dinner to enjoy on a weeknight or with friends!
Serve with basmati rice or wrap in warm naan for a lovely Indian-inspired evening!
And with that, let’s get onto Progressive Eats for June!
More great easy beef recipes you’ll love!
- Grilled Marinated Skirt Steak with Peperonata
- Japanese Beef and Shishito Pepper Skewers
- Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps with Mint Dressing and Vegetable Slaw
- Sesame Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Helpful tools and equipment (Affiliate Links):
- CILANTRO - COCONUT SAUCE
- 1 large bunch of cilantro with stems (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch scallions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 piece (1-inch) ginger, peeled and coarsely shopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro - Coconut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 ½ pounds trimmed and cubed rib-eye or sirloin steak
- 1 medium onion, but into 8 sections
- Naan or pita bread, optional
- CILANTRO - COCONUT SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a food processor blender. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- MARINADE: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Brush over skewers.
- KABOBS: Preheat a grill to medium-high. Thread beef and onions evenly onto skewers. Grill to desired doneness, turning once. Serve with sauce on naan bread if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1080Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 36gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 2100mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 8gSugar: 26gProtein: 47g
The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.